2014 Auris Excel HSD or Civic 1.6 Idtec SE Plus - privateinvestor

Hi folks looking to buy a new car and both Toyota and Honda are doing o% finance, plus five year warranty, service packages. Which should I buy Toyota or Honda. Any thoughts.....

2014 Auris Excel HSD or Civic 1.6 Idtec SE Plus - retgwte

I like the Auris, but it comes with no spare wheel... which would put me off

2014 Auris Excel HSD or Civic 1.6 Idtec SE Plus - madf

Spare wheels are not expensive. I have changed one tyre in the past 10 years....

2014 Auris Excel HSD or Civic 1.6 Idtec SE Plus - colinh

I think there is a spacesaver avaialble but there is a possible problem in that :

"The Hybrid trunk floor structure is different to the conventional model due to the hybrid battery location. If the space saver is fitted, customer will no longer be able to use the trunk floor mat/lower floor"

Worth check with dealer

Edited by colinh on 13/02/2014 at 09:15

2014 Auris Excel HSD or Civic 1.6 Idtec SE Plus - Oli rag

Both are really nice cars, I would be very happy to have either. I think I would err towards the hybrid, but would have to drive both of them first.

2014 Auris Excel HSD or Civic 1.6 Idtec SE Plus - Oli rag

Both are really nice cars, I would be very happy to have either. I think I would err towards the hybrid, but would have to drive both of them first.

Forgot to add, for short and A road journeys the hybrid would be at its best, for motorways and fewer short journeys the civic would be more suited.

2014 Auris Excel HSD or Civic 1.6 Idtec SE Plus - Avant

Last time I looked at a Civic - a few years ago admittedly - it didn't have a spare wheel either. You'd need to check that it at least has space for one.

2014 Auris Excel HSD or Civic 1.6 Idtec SE Plus - coopshere
Certainly the 2009 civic did not have a spare, supplied with can of goo and electric pump so doubt they have changed that.

Test drove the current model Civic and the Auris HSD, the Auris was a much more comfortable drive and though the new Civic was a slightly better ride than the previous model it was still harsh.