nissan almera gti 1999 - no power to one headlight - golfermk3

Hi, I own a nissan almera gti (n15) 1999. I have an issue now with no power thru the two live wires (red/yellow and red/black) going to the left headlight . I troubleshooted the following so far :

- ground wire it's fine

- the other headlight works fine

- there's power at the fuse of the headlight that doesn't work

Any ideas?

Thanks

nissan almera gti 1999 - no power to one headlight - elekie&a/c doctor

Both the red/yellow and red/black come from the main lighting switch.Could be a problem with the switch contacts,as there are a set for left and some for right lights.hth

thanks for that. Instead of buying a new switch, I thought to get a headlight wire harness which can be plugged on either connector so it bypasses the main switch. What do u think? Would that do the trick?

nissan almera gti 1999 - no power to one headlight - Simon

You really need to trace it to where it loses the feed. It may be the switch, it may be just a broken wire.

nissan almera gti 1999 - no power to one headlight - Peter.N.

I had this problem with a 406, I solved it by fitting a relay to the non operative light energised by the good one.

thanks for the input. sound like this harness idea may do the trick then. i traced the wire back to the swtich so it looks the contacts for the left headlight maybe burnt because my other headight works fine.

this headlight harness is cheaper than a new switch and comes with 2 relays, 2 fuses and 2 H4 connectors.

@Peter.N. can u tell me where u got the h4 loom connector with relay and how much u paid? thanks

nissan almera gti 1999 - no power to one headlight - dieselnut

Here is one on eBay, you'd have to check it was the same as yours. But could save you a lot of hassle.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-S-REG-NISSAN-ALMERA-1-6-PE...a

@dieselnut: thanks im checking now with the ebayer. I've ordered the headlight wire harness too...do u think i still need to get a new switch? it's only the one headlight not working

nissan almera gti 1999 - no power to one headlight - dieselnut

No, you shouldn't need both. I just thought it would be less hassle to stick with a standard fitting rather than mess with the wiring.

Make sure any extra wiring doesn't rub on anything, otherwise you may have more problems at a later date.

@dieselnut: ok, thanks