Oh Dear! - Paint IN car - oldroverboy.

Silly me,put a tin of emulsion behind the passenger seat on the floor, and shortly after noticed it was all over the carpet.

Valeters giving it a go as I write this..

Oh Dear! - Paint IN car - RT

I'm told that modern water-based paint is "better" than the old oil-based ones - but maybe not by much - good luck with it.

PS - what colour was it ?

Oh Dear! - Paint IN car - madf

Signs of early stages of senile dementia.

:-)

Signs of early stages of senile dementia.

:-)

You could just be right. and the other answer is white... on black carpets,

I do know that i would not normally carry paint in the car, but SWMBO was afraid it would tip over on my plastic boot protector tray...

Oh, time for a new car anyway...

Oh Dear! - Paint IN car - Andrew-T

I think this happened to a friend of SWMBO's. She had several cans of paint in the boot when she was involved in a gentle shunt. Not nice.

Well.. My car got "polish"ed inside and out and for £35 they did a fabulous job, had to leave the car with them for 3 hours while they did it, and when mate took me to collect did his car basic wash for free.

Oh Dear! - Paint IN car - groaver

You could just spill the same colour paint in the three other footwells and the boot floor.

"Yes, it is an unusual colour, isn't it?!"

I remember a customer back in the days when I worked in a jag dealership in switzerland who specified sheepskin car rugs, (and yes we supplied them)

Oh Dear! - Paint IN car - Hamsafar

I remember a man on another forum wrote off his Mercedes by moving the seat back and bursting an aerosol of silver paint which then coated everything silver.

Oh Dear! - Paint IN car - jc2

One of our work cars had a boot painted in underseal-none of the others had! On enquiring,I was told that the driver had bought a can of underseal for himself,cornered rather enthusiastically,got home and then had the presence of mind to spread it evenly around the boot.

Did any one get the "polish"ed bit,

Yes they were from sunny Poland, so polite, would not take a "tip" and because i paid them without quibble did a car wash for the mate who took me to collect,

Also got me out of trouble with SWMBO.

Huh! Where's a Daily Mail reader when you need one?

Do you mean reporter? I should have taken a photo first but I am sure you can picture 5 litres of white...

Oh Dear! - Paint IN car - RT

Great result, glad they could sort it.

Do you mean reporter? I should have taken a photo first but I am sure you can picture 5 litres of white...

I was trying to be tongue in cheek about a positive story concerning EU nationals. I mean aren't they all scrounging no-gooders? ;)

Edited by groaver on 31/01/2014 at 12:35

I was trying to be tongue in cheek about a positive story concerning EU nationals. I mean aren't they all scrounging no-gooders? ;)

No offence taken, and yes i got it as you did!