NISSAN PRIMERA SXI - REMOVING FUEL FROM TANK - pproth

I have a full tank of diesel and my car had died, how can i remove the fuel before the car is scrapped.

NISSAN PRIMERA SXI - REMOVING FUEL FROM TANK - Armitage Shanks {p}

Do you even have a 12 gallon container to put it in, legally? Get whoever scraps it to take the cost/value of the fuel into account and give him the problem.

NISSAN PRIMERA SXI - REMOVING FUEL FROM TANK - Mchenry

If the car really IS scrap, can't you bash a hole in the lowest point of the tank with a 6 inch nail? It shouldn't be too messy if you have everything (containers, rags...) ready at hand.

Edited by Mchenry on 26/01/2014 at 19:30

NISSAN PRIMERA SXI - REMOVING FUEL FROM TANK - gordonbennet

Try a clear (but reinforced) pipe down the filler neck first of all, could try reinforced garden hose but make sure you have a long pipe so you don't get a lungfull), you could syphon earlier Primeras like this, don't know about the Renault model.

Take a tip, cut a 45' angle at the end of the pipe thats going in the tank, cut it following the natural curve of the pipe not against it (if that makes sense), any tight turns or joins in the filler neck the cut angle will ride over them better, but only if you've cut the angle the right way.

You'll need about 12ft of pipe, about 6ft of it to reach the tank on a Primera through the filler pipe, and 6 ft outside to syphon well.

If you can't get in that way, check under the rear seat, you might find the sender unit comes out easily giving you access.

Edited by gordonbennet on 26/01/2014 at 19:46