Ford Ka - Rear view mirror problem - Cornfields

Hello, my daughter's car has a rear view mirror that does not stay put. Does anyone have the answer as it is driving her nuts. She has tried sticky pads and glue but it does not stay put. I think the road surface plays a large part in th mirror coming adrift but that said any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Ford Ka - Rear view mirror problem - csgmart

Hello, my daughter's car has a rear view mirror that does not stay put. Does anyone have the answer as it is driving her nuts. She has tried sticky pads and glue but it does not stay put. I think the road surface plays a large part in th mirror coming adrift but that said any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Talk to Autoglass or one of the other glass replacement companies. They fixed my mirror after I accidentally hit it with something I was carrying in the car and made it come off the sticky pad. I tried everything such as super glue etc but nothing worked. Autoglass fixed it in a matter of minutes and it was perfect from that day.

Thank you for your helpful reply. She has tried super glue etc.so will let her know your suggestion re. Autoglass.

p.s. what cost would she incur?.

Ford Ka - Rear view mirror problem - bathtub tom

There's loads of special adhesives for this job, but you'll need to thoroughly clean all the other stuff off first:

www.google.co.uk/search?q=car+windscreen+mirror+gl...w

Ford Ka - Rear view mirror problem - jc2

Ford dealer will sell you the correct pad! But as alread said-thoroughly clean area-clean with meths or surgical spirit.

Ford Ka - Rear view mirror problem - Galaxy

Thank you for your helpful reply. She has tried super glue etc.so will let her know your suggestion re. Autoglass.

Provided she takes the car to one of their repair centres and they don't have to come out to your house, probably just a drink; could even be free!

The work will take them about 30 seconds!

Edited by Galaxy on 26/01/2014 at 09:59

Ford Ka - Rear view mirror problem - csgmart

It was a while ago now and my wife was here when the guy did it. It is only a 5 minute job so you might well get away with paying nothing or only a few quid. As suggested, if you take it to them it probably will cost no more than a drink.

Many thanks everyone for all your assistance.

Ford Ka - Rear view mirror problem - mfarrow

Ford's solution costs under £1 and should be available at most dealers off the shelf. Again get it clean and free of old gunk. I usually do white spirit for the gooey parts followed by meths/isopropanol to remove the residue.

Superglue dries too hard and brittle. Plus you are probably adding it to an already dirty and tacky surface. That will not work.

Ford Ka - Rear view mirror problem - The-Mechanic

You could try this :

www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product...y**_255230

I have used this several times on different cars to good effect. Just make sure both the mirror and screen are TOTALLY CLEAN and flat first (no raised areas from old glue residue)

Cut the mesh pad to the shape of the mirror bracket face, then put a thin film of glue on the mirror, carefully place the mesh on top of the glue covered mirror face and add a little more of the glue (wear a latex glove if you're concerned about bonding the mirror to your fingers) and then hold it in place on the screen for at least a minute. Once bonded, don't be tempted to adjust the mirror for about half an hour.