Going Going??? - Lotus next - oldroverboy.

Will Lotus be the next British Car company to disappear?

Going Going??? - Lotus next - RT

Lotus hasn't been a British company since 1986 - having had several foreign owners including Toyota, GM and Proton

Going Going??? - Lotus next - groaver

It may well be if they don't get a cash injecdtion to back development of new models.

I happen to think Mitsubishi car company are treading water as well.

Going Going??? - Lotus next - Oli rag

I think Lotus must be spending the money somewhere, £90Million turnover with losses of £170 million!

Telegraph also reports that the company has exceeded its bank borrowing limit.

Going Going??? - Lotus next - focussed

Any particular reason for your concern for Mitsubishi? Most of the car industry press reports are quite positive.

Going Going??? - Lotus next - Avant

You'd need to see how they are doing in other markets. Subaru, for example, can't be making any money in the UK but I've heard they sell very well in the USA.

Going Going??? - Lotus next - groaver

Any particular reason for your concern for Mitsubishi? Most of the car industry press reports are quite positive.

Look at their range. They used to have some dynamic looking designs and great engineering.

The Mirage sums up everything wrong with them to me.

Going Going??? - Lotus next - madf

Look at their range. They used to have some dynamic looking designs and great engineering.

The Mirage sums up everything wrong with them to me.

Devaluation of the yen has changed the ballpark:

Mitsu doing well..

"October 29, 2013 - 12:20 pm ET

TOKYO -- Mitsubishi Motors Corp. today said that its net income jumped 56 percent in the fiscal first half ended Sept. 30 to 46.73 billion yen ($475.8 million), as revenue rose 8 percent to $9.46 billion.

Unit sales advanced 4 percent to 499,000 vehicles, with volume in emerging markets and Japan expanding the fastest, partly because of brisk minicar sales at home.

The company didn't release figures for its fiscal second quarter. But subtracting out first-quarter results shows that Mitsubishi's second-quarter net nearly tripled to $308.4 million from $102.9 million a year earlier, as revenue rose 18 percent to $5.29 billion."

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20131029/OEM/131029872/mitsubishi-posts-gains-in-quarterly-first-half-profits#ixzz2q7h6qUqv

Subaru doing even better.

TOKYO, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Fuji Heavy Industries bumped up its forecast for record profits this year by another 40 percent on Thursday and announced its sixth increase in production capacity in barely a year as it struggles to meet demand for its Subaru cars.

Fuji Heavy, along with fellow second-tier Japanese automaker Mazda Motor Corp, is enjoying a rebound in the market but bumping up against capacity constraints that limit their ability to take full advantage.

"We boosted capacity to match what we expected to sell, but it's surpassed even that, faster than we'd ever imagined," Fuji Heavy's chief executive Yasuyuki Yoshinaga said in a results briefing.

Earlier the company announced that it expects to make an operating profit of 278 billion yen ($2.83 billion) in the current year ending next March, more than double last year's result and up from its previous forecast of 198 billion yen.

It also raised its global sales forecast for Subaru cars, about half of which are sold in the United States, by more than 10 percent to 807,300 vehicles, and said it would boost output at its main plant in Japan by another 20,000 vehicles a year - more than 10 percent - by next summer to meet demand."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/31/subaru-earnings-idUSL3N0IL42Q20131031

Edited by madf on 11/01/2014 at 20:25

Going Going??? - Lotus next - alan1302

Will Lotus be the next British Car company to disappear?

Would no have thought so - they are still owned by the Proton car company.

Going Going??? - Lotus next - bananastand

I saw one of those "The Spy Who Loved Me" Lotus cars parked in my local Lidl last week, except it was red. Can't be many of those left knocking about, what?