N/A - What does 'The car is available as I type' mean? - Marklew

Been doing some pre-test drive questions with a dealer (before I drive 70 miles to test drive the car).

To one of my questions he has stated 'The car is available as I type', what does this mean?

Thanks

Mark

N/A - What does 'The car is available as I type' mean? - oldroverboy.

What it says.

At the rime of replying to you the car is available,

Are you going to test drive that car with a view to buying THAT car or would you consider another vehicle similiar? If it is that one that you want place a refundable holding deposit on it to make sure it is there for you, simples, but before setting off on your 70 mile drive phone and check.

any problems walk away, lots of cars ou there.

Happy motoring

N/A - What does 'The car is available as I type' mean? - bathtub tom

Was the question 'has the car been sold'?

I'd take 'available as I type' to mean it could be sold to anyone walking in.

OK thanks guys... just reread it and I realise I have completely misread the email. I thought 'I type' was some sort of classification (kind of like VAT qualifying etc) and not that the fella was just typing *face palm*

The car at the moment is available to the public, but I can hold it for 48 hrs without deposit, to answer the other question, as it is the specific car I was after.

Thanks again (I'm actually not as stupid as this post suggests!!!)

Mark

N/A - What does 'The car is available as I type' mean? - RT

Your intial interpretation was exactly how I read your thread title !!

N/A - What does 'The car is available as I type' mean? - oldroverboy.

OK thanks guys... just reread it and I realise I have completely misread the email. I thought 'I type' was some sort of classification (kind of like VAT qualifying etc) and not that the fella was just typing *face palm*

The car at the moment is available to the public, but I can hold it for 48 hrs without deposit, to answer the other question, as it is the specific car I was after.

Thanks again (I'm actually not as stupid as this post suggests!!!)

Mark

Not to worry, been there done that Even with my 35 years of experience!

Incidentally what car and let us know how things go, Just Curious NOW!

There is a thread lower down where I was discussing it. Looking like I'm going like for like and getting a C Class Executive SE, although I'm still toying with upgrading to an E-Class Coupe, which my bank balance won't thank me for!