Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium Diesil CRDI - Engine Specs - RHKAAF

Does my car have a turbo or supercharger ? I cannot get through to Hyundai about this.

Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium Diesil CRDI - Engine Specs - RT

Turbo - I'm not sure that Hyundai make any supercharged models worldwide but certainly don't import them to the UK.

Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium Diesil CRDI - Engine Specs - gordonbennet

RT is of course right.

Just pondering here, i know supercharged two stroke Diesels were/are common in some commercial vehicles, trains (who doesn't thrill to the sound of a Napier engined Deltic..look it up on YouTube and enjoy), boats, generators etc.

But the only supercharged mass produced Diesel car i can remember was the curvy Mazda 626 of the late 80's/90's...wasn't it a 2 litre 6 pot. Not repeated in later models and sold in small numbers, though possibly should have been continued given Mazda's more recent efforts..;)

Edited by gordonbennet on 05/01/2014 at 20:57

Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium Diesil CRDI - Engine Specs - RHKAAF

Turbo - I'm not sure that Hyundai make any supercharged models worldwide but certainly don't import them to the UK.

Thanks for that. The handbook covers ALL models and it is hard to know what specs the car has.

Also, I thought TD referred to a turbo diesil in other makes.

Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium Diesil CRDI - Engine Specs - craig-pd130

The HJ report on the new C-class Merc reports that the new 1.6 diesel engine is supercharged - however, this could be a translation ambiguity by M-B, as supercharging devices can be either mechanically driven, or by a turbine in the exhaust stream ...

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/mercedes-benz/c-class-w205-2014/?section=history

Mercedes-Benz will expand the range of engines including a new, small diesel engine with a displacement of 1.6 litres. Reduced weight, compact design and low fuel consumption are among its special merits. Depending on its configuration, the single-stage supercharged four-cylinder engine generates 115 or 136 hp of power from a cubic capacity of 1598cc and delivers 280 or 320 Nm of torque.