Fitting - Daylight running lights Switzerland - oldroverboy.

For those of you who might be visiting switzerland from 01/01/14

You must have dipped lights on when driving from the above date.

From this date all local cars must have them fitted if not dipped beam lights on, but the TCS recommend to locals to fit DRL,s or to change the wiring so that the lights come on when the motor is running.

Initial fine chf 40.

Fitting - Daylight running lights Switzerland - jc2

How far back does it go?Does it apply to all cars being driven in Switzerland,no matter how old?

Fitting - Daylight running lights Switzerland - RT

Visitors and those who don't want to fit DRLs just use dipped beam - is how I read the OP.

Fitting - Daylight running lights Switzerland - jc2

How far back does it go?Does it apply to all cars being driven in Switzerland,no matter how old?

Post 1970.

Fitting - Daylight running lights Switzerland - oldroverboy.

It will apply to all vehicles regardless of age or origin, even "visitors"

No DRLs = dipped beams at all times

.Feux allumés de jour

Dès le 1er janvier, il s'agira en revanche de rouler avec les feux allumés toute la journée. Une amende de 40 francs pend au nez des indisciplinés. Quant aux chauffeurs professionnels, aux élèves conducteurs, aux moniteurs de conduite et aux accompagnants, ils devront être complètement sobres avant de prendre le volant.

Professional drivers, learners and instructors alcohol limit before driving must be ZERO.

Fitting - Daylight running lights Switzerland - Smileyman

Pity they have not made dipped headlamps compulsory for ALL vehicles - ban driving with those terrible day glow fairy lights that so many cars have fitted to the front .... (at least you won't need to swiich your lights for tunnels, as they will already be on!)

I wonder whether pedal cycles are included - looks like it is the case as the french text does not stipulate that it applies to only motorised vehicles. It's another sore point with me, there are far too many pedal cyclist on the road without any lights and I really don't want the aggravation (and all that follows) of hitting an unseen road user.