Skoda Octavia - can I still haggle? - mshah123

Hiya

As some are aware that Skoda have the 0% interest offer on at the moment across the range. Im particulary looking at the skoda octavia as it offers amazing space and somewhat chepaer than the vw passats brand new. Im test driving the 2.0 150 ps dsg tomorrow.

my local skoda garage are offering 0% interest finance and I wnated to know wheter or not i can still haggle on the price, as it will be a brand new car. the 0% is only availiable on brand new cars. the 0% is on the pcp contract (not aware if on hire purchase) but also comes with 3 yrs/ 30000 miles servicing as well as 3 years warranty no mot obviously and free ensurance.

Your advice will be much appreicated?

M Shah

Edited by Avant on 18/12/2013 at 10:24

Skoda Octavia - cab i still haggle? - skidpan

Of course you can ask for a better price. Look on a couple of brokers sites, Carfile and Drive the Deal are generally accepted as the best, see what prices they are offering and what other offers they include and hit the dealer with that and see if he will match it.

Its worked for me in the past but when i bought the Seat in june the local dealers would not budge, simply bought from Carfile.

Skoda Octavia - cab i still haggle? - oldtoffee

You can get a smidge under £3,000 off that car at carfile so you just have to do the maths on the Skoda offers. 0% vs 5.9% finance from many providers, 30,000 miles servicing might be just one service. Free insurance vs 3 premiums - that would be £900 for me so could be worthwhile but depends if it gives everything you would get buying it yourself. Carfile use UK main dealers so someone, somewhere is able to offer low prices but it may not be your local dealer.

Skoda Octavia - cab i still haggle? - skidpan

Free insurance

It free ENSURANCE which is an accident management service and not free INSURANCE

Edited by skidpan on 18/12/2013 at 09:32

Skoda Octavia - cab i still haggle? - Cyd

and ask them to give you a 100% cast iron lifetime warranty on that DSG system for as long as you own the car!!

Go on, test their faith in their product.

Skoda Octavia - can I still haggle? - Smileyman

yes of course haggle, even if it only gets a free set of floor mats, it's better than nothing.