Mercedes-Benz 430 CLK CAB, 51 Registered - defect cruise control - vandenbergh

From April 2013 the cruise control is not working properly. After cold start it works for several minutes and then kicks out. Reprogramming, replacing combination switch and ignition lock was to no avail. The Mercedes garage can not find a solution. There are no fault messages in the computer, only when the cruise control kicks out and I press the speed limiter: "Defect speedtronic, visit workshop". After switching off the engine the message disapeared: "no malfunctions". What can we do to repair this fault?

Mercedes-Benz 430 CLK CAB, 51 Registered - defect cruise control - elekie&a/c doctor

A faulty brake light switch will affect the operation of the cruise control.A common failure on many MB models.

Mercedes-Benz 430 CLK CAB, 51 Registered - defect cruise control - RT

Some cars get cruise faults if a brake light is out - but presumably an MB dealer would/should know that.

A faulty brake light switch will affect the operation of the cruise control.A common failure on many MB models.

the brake light switch has been replaced and the electrical circuits are tested, but still to no avail. They have send for a service inspector, but no fault was found. What now?

Mercedes-Benz 430 CLK CAB, 51 Registered - defect cruise control - gordonbennet

Are you on OE size tyres?

Are you on OE size tyres?

If tyres were replaced it was done by a Mercedes Benz garage, so I assume the answer is Yes.

Mercedes-Benz 430 CLK CAB, 51 Registered - defect cruise control - gordonbennet

If tyres were replaced it was done by a Mercedes Benz garage, so I assume the answer is Yes.

It something i would check on before doing anything else, correct size should be in the handbook and, together with pressures, inside the fuel filler cap.

It something i would check on before doing anything else, correct size should be in the handbook and, together with pressures, inside the fuel filler cap.

Tyres are correct. For all certainty we have replaced the tyres to the recommendation of MB. Mirabile dictu the fault is now not intermittend, but persistent. The MB garage is in contact with the technical team in Germany, but they can not sort it. Is there somewhere somebody who is technically skilled to do the repair