Mercedes-Benz C-Class Estate - Rear-view Camera - lilley

I kick myself for not ordering the rear-view camera when I ordered the car 2 years ago. I have recently fitted a Maplin one with wireless monitor. Rubbish instructions but that is another story. The monitor lights up when reverse is engaged then the image comes into view and is very handy BUT after about 10 seconds the picture cuts out. I asume that this is due to interference on the 2.4 GHz frequency, what is causing it please? I have tried disabling the Bluetooth on screen - that made no difference. If I engage reverse gear without starting the engine the picture stays steady until reverse is disengaged.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Estate - Rear-view Camera - Collos25

It maybe the canbus system on the car what you thing is neutral or positive changes when the car starts up plus you could be altering the resistance on a circuit,I would disconnect it in case you blow something expensive.I run a c class coupe for everyday use and you need a degree in electronics to understand how a benz is wired .I have the radio and bluetooth down to fine art having had three coupes none of which were the same.

The only connection to the car's wiring is at the left-hand side reversing light where a single wire connection exists, this is where I made the camera connection. The monitor is powered from the cigar lighter socket.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Estate - Rear-view Camera - elekie&a/c doctor

Is this petrol or diesel?

Diesel

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Estate - Rear-view Camera - elekie&a/c doctor
I have seen aftermarket accessories affected by interference from the diesel injection system,especially the high frequency injectors.Could this be your problem?

The only connection to the car's wiring is at the left-hand side reversing light where a single wire connection exists, this is where I made the camera connection. The monitor is powered from the cigar lighter socket.

Be very careful the Cigerette lighter has two feeds it is best to power from a new supply.

In normal use the engine is already running when the reverse and the camera are engaged. Yet the rear-view shows on the monitor for 10 seconds then disappears. Surely if it was due to the engine electrics the view would never appear.

Run a seperate lead from the battery and test the system outa sure way to see if the camera is ok or not,One of the 12v supplies to the cigar lighter changes to 4v when the car is started as do some of the radio leads it is part of the can bus system.

Made some more checks this afternoon. If the diesel engine is not running the image appears when reverse is engaged (and the ignition on) and remains steady until reverse is disengaged. It the engine is running the image appears for 10 seconds when reverse is engaged then the monitor screen switches off and returns to uniform blue. This is without any further action or intervention.

There appears to be some relationship between the diesel engine running and the monitor. But why is the picture perfect for 10 seconds then switches off?