Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sport Coupe 2006 Kompressor - O/S heated mirror on all the time - wbw2

Driver's mirror has clouded over so ordered a new one. It's meant to operate with the heated rear window I understand. Just driven about and noticed it's warm despite being heated rear being switched off ... maybe this has made it go in to decline?

The n/s one doesn't seem to warm up at all.

Anybody else experienced this? Presumably it's a fault? How to rectify it?

thanks

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sport Coupe 2006 Kompressor - O/S heated mirror on all the time - elekie&a/c doctor

The mirror heaters are switched dependent on outside temperature,not the hrw.I suspect there is a problem with the l/hand mirror glass or broken wiring within the mirror housing.hth

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sport Coupe 2006 Kompressor - O/S heated mirror on all the time - wbw2

thanks I'll check the N/S too when I fit the new O/S one this w/end

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sport Coupe 2006 Kompressor - O/S heated mirror on all the time - gordonbennet

On my much older MB the mirror heaters turn on when the car is started irrespective of HRW, they switch themselves off again after some time, switching the HRW on later puts them on again.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sport Coupe 2006 Kompressor - O/S heated mirror on all the time - dan86

On my MB lorry the heated mirrors are always on when ignition is on.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sport Coupe 2006 Kompressor - O/S heated mirror on all the time - gordonbennet

On my MB lorry the heated mirrors are always on when ignition is on.

Most unusual that, never come across a lorry where they were permanently switched on before...indeed most won't switch on until the engine is running, presumably to help prevent battery running down.

Heaters one of the best things for lorry mirrors though, those little bolted in place flat mirrors with no heating years ago were little short of useless...yet somehow we still managed to avoid errant cyclists...doh should i have said that..:-)