Nissan x trail key wont start it. - pat88

Nissan x trail, 2009 tekna 20.000 miles so still quite unused. I have owned it about 3 months now. it is from a dealership so it is under warranty.

I just parked the car up a few hours ago no prob and when i returned to it, i unlocked it, sat in with keys near, pressed the clutch as usual and the switch wouldnt turn, as i tried to turn it, it made a click noise and the green key icon flashed but the switch wouldnt turn. I tried it as an ordinary key but it wouldnt turn. I even got out locked it manually and unlocked it and did the same again with the fob. I had to lock it and leave it there in a well lit area and get a taxi home.
Plzz does anyone have any idea what could be wrong
Thank you
Pat

Nissan x trail key wont start it. - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Thanks lovie, first post so i have no idea :-)

In the original post i said "clutch pedal" i of course meant Brke, i am putting my foot on the brake as I try to turn the key / switch

Nissan x trail key wont start it. - elekie&a/c doctor

Possible flat/low battery or bad connections at battery?

Just an update and also to add to the forum database, i went back to the car and as it was last night it wouldnt start but, id read on a forum that it is feasable that the steering lock could be not quite off so we just played the wheel a bit and!!!!!!!!!!! it worked, Car is ok and just maybe for future reference this will be read by someone else and be helped. I have to add that when i reversed the car last night into its position it was just a straight reverse so.....

Thank you

Nissan x trail key wont start it. - skidpan

read on a forum that it is feasable that the steering lock could be not quite off so we just played the wheel a bit and!!!!!!!!!!! it worked,

That has been a fact since the early 70's when steering locks first started to be fitted.

Many keys have been broken/damaged because owners tried to force them instead of wobbling the wheel.

Nissan x trail key wont start it. - DrippingSump

The forum needs a new heading. "Operator".