Looking for a small city car - chippy1

Hi guys i am looking for a small city car for around 3k but cant decide what to buy

Looked at these cars so far but the more cars i look at the more i cant decide

Fiat panda Dynamic 1.2 worried about steering pump failure.

Vauxhall Agila

Toyota Yaris 1.0

What im looking for is reliabilty cheaper Tax and Insurance I have 2 weeks to find a car before mot runs out on my Astra Lpg car which i wil be sending to the scrap yard very soon.

Thanks for looking need advice asap please

Edited by chippy1 on 19/11/2013 at 23:55

Looking for a small city car - madf

Aygo.

Looking for a small city car - Bobbin Threadbare

Aygo.

Seconded. You'll get all of what you're looking for out of a Yaris but cheaper. Little smaller obviously but nippy, cheap and comfy.

Looking for a small city car - GHSAUNDERS40

Aygo.

Seconded. You'll get all of what you're looking for out of a Yaris but cheaper. Little smaller obviously but nippy, cheap and comfy.

I have to agree with others suggestions for they Aygo. We had an Aygo for 4 years and it was flawless during our ownership and my fiancée is very hard on cars. We traded it in for an iQ, a decision we regret and will be going back to an Aygo when the new model is released next year. Perhaps you could look at the Citroen C1 Pug 107. The same car, but slightly cheaper.
Looking for a small city car - Wackyracer

Aygo or maybe a Kia Picanto?

Looking for a small city car - daveyK_UK

If you can get the latest Vauxhall Agila/Suzuki Splash for under £3,000 then its the one to go for IMO.

More comfortable and spacious than the C1/Aygo/107

I did think about the C1/Aygo/107 but was concerned over laugauge space when we travel to airport ok its only once a year but space is still needed for one large case and 2 medium cases.

Looking for a small city car - Avant

How many of you are there in the car when you go to the airport? If only two, you can put the back seats down and get your cases in. If not, you could perhaps get a taxi which may be cheaper than airport parking.

There will be 2 Adults and one child.

Looking for a small city car - artill

Base models of the Aygo/C1/107 have a single piece rear seat, but better specced models allow you to fold half of the back seat, so you would have plenty of carrying capacity in one if there were 3 of you.

If you go down this route, i also suggest looking for one with aircon, not for the obvious sumer benefits, but actually to assist with front screen demisting in the winter. Its a very big screen to demist and with just heat from that tiny engine it takes far too long without aircon to help out.

Looking for a small city car - Bobbin Threadbare

Base models of the Aygo/C1/107 have a single piece rear seat, but better specced models allow you to fold half of the back seat, so you would have plenty of carrying capacity in one if there were 3 of you.

If you go down this route, i also suggest looking for one with aircon, not for the obvious sumer benefits, but actually to assist with front screen demisting in the winter. Its a very big screen to demist and with just heat from that tiny engine it takes far too long without aircon to help out.

My mum used her Aygo to drop my sister off at university not so long ago - first year students have lots of stuff and the car still carried three adults in it....the foldy-seat arrangement is good.

I'd second the aircon suggestion; it's the one thing my mum misses out on she says.

Edited by Bobbin Threadbare on 22/11/2013 at 17:02

Looking for a small city car - retgwte

panda has electric power steering not hydraulic so no chance of problem with pump...

problem with motor maybe but not pump