Ford Mondeo ghia tdci 2007 2L - Damsel in distress Ford mondeo start up issues - Danielleg

I'm at my wits end, it all started with dmf going got this replaced with starter etc and ever since egm light been on start up fine for last month then One morning car drove fine down to shop then dead battery 5 mins later on start up, got jump start battery reading 8v, wouldn't start after that long enough with jump start so had to get it towed, Mechanic advised New battery but replaced with lead alkaline, I have read it needs to be silver calcium due to smart charge and I believe this is part of issue as 24 hours later car won't start again but when new battery was installed it read at 14v but I read this voltage would indicate smart charge faulty somewhere as should read around 16v? Alternator was tested and apparently fine and was wondering if egm light is linked to all of this and possible smart charge faulty loom, was thinking even when the engine was out for dmf replacement has the smart charg. Wiring been disturbed advice please help!!

Edited by Danielleg on 16/11/2013 at 00:17