Any - Breakdown insurance - mustangman

With my Tiguan coming up to a year old, I feel I should take out some sort of breakdown insurance, hopefully never needed.

I have an offer to renew VW Assistance ( RAC ) for £10 / mo.

Having done a confused mercat serach, it would appear that basic assistance & recovery cover is available for as little as £20 - 30 / year.

So where's the catch, with RAC / AA and the like costing many times more ?

Any one out there been on the receiving end ?

Any - Breakdown insurance - galileo

With my Tiguan coming up to a year old, I feel I should take out some sort of breakdown insurance, hopefully never needed.

I have an offer to renew VW Assistance ( RAC ) for £10 / mo.

Having done a confused mercat serach, it would appear that basic assistance & recovery cover is available for as little as £20 - 30 / year.

So where's the catch, with RAC / AA and the like costing many times more

Who do you think pays for all their peak time TV commercials?

Autoexpress' Driver Power survey rates AutoAid, Gem and Britannia above RAC and AA.

I was in AA and RAC years ago but found them slow to respond and less than ideal in actions. After changing to Britannia I was delighted with quick response and helpfulness. Be aware that AA 'Relay' recovery for a long distance used to involve shifting your car from one truck to another, whereas Britannia take it all the way on one vehicle.

Any - Breakdown insurance - Avant

Does anyone know what the seemingly perverse logic is behind VAG giving 3-year breakdown cover on Audis, Skodas and (I think) SEATs but not VWs? It defeats me.

Any - Breakdown insurance - oldroverboy.

Does anyone know what the seemingly perverse logic is behind VAG giving 3-year breakdown cover on Audis, Skodas and (I think) SEATs but not VWs? It defeats me.

Because of the way they think of their customers, something more to extract money..

Last year had kwikfit all options for £28, never used, this year Green flag inc continental for £58 via moneysupermarket.com. online quote but had to phone to get it. got kwikfit via comparison site for mate. again £28 including national recovery.

Any - Breakdown insurance - skidpan

Does anyone know what the seemingly perverse logic is behind VAG giving 3-year breakdown cover on Audis, Skodas and (I think) SEATs but not VWs? It defeats me

Seats actually come with 2 years breakdown but if you book your annual service on-line at a Seat dealer they keep adding another year free. No idea what happens to people with the long service intervals.

For your info we have a breakdown policy with Aviva. It covers 2 named cars for anyone that is driving them plus it covers the named drivers (me and the wife) when we are driving or passenger in any car. We ahd UK cover for at home, recovery, onward travel etc and it costs £60 a year. It is in partnership with the RAC, they attend should you need them. Only used it twice, once for a miss fuel and once for a broken spring and they were with us within the hour both times.

Brilliant for the money.

Any - Breakdown insurance - jc2

Get a quote from Britannia Rescue.

Any - Breakdown insurance - Doc

See Autoaid £ 39 a year!

tinyurl.com/97pcox8

Any - Breakdown insurance - Big John

I use Autoaid - covers both me and my wife for £39 driving any car. Never had to try their services yet..

Any - Breakdown insurance - daveyK_UK

A big fan of auto national.

I use to be in the AA before I realised how rubbish their renewal quotes where.

Any - Breakdown insurance - 3puddings

I would not touch the RAC with a bargepole due to terrible customer service