Accidents - In London - oldroverboy.

After a month back in the'burbs, sunny tooting, that is, absolutely appalled by the pedestrian/car collisions and the cyclist/motorcyclist collisions with cars and buses, seems to be a daily experience on Tooting High street.

I don't generally like 20mph speed limts but if ever there was a case for low speed linitd thid is it!

Accidents - In London - motorprop

Tooting - as a London driver since 1985 , I can attest that the locals in that and other areas might not have passed a UK test and may well have paid someone to sit one on their behalf. You don't need a mirror if the elephant god is watching you

Tooting - as a London driver since 1985 , I can attest that the locals in that and other areas might not have passed a UK test and may well have paid someone to sit one on their behalf. You don't need a mirror if the elephant god is watching you

I have not passed a uk mainland test either, (cars motorbike or HGV) but that wasn't my point,

1: the lady who dashed between two cars in platformheels and got caught by the one coming up the inside,

2: the motrocyclist coming up the inside and clocked by a right turning car, the cyclists hitting buses, (or vice versa) The sheer volume of traffic and pedestrians who don't care, don't look is frightening.

As least youngrovergirl was able to give first aid to the motorcyclist who got knocked off over the bonnet of a car and his body bent the street sign out of the vertical, (nasty bruising and broken ankle) but a very lucky man indeed. specially as 1 doc there, + 2 nurses and very quickly 1 ambulance crew who had just finished another job, and also the off duty policewoman who dealt with things. (some might remember me posting a while back about a motorcyclist who went through a red light and hit YRG)

Accidents - In London - galileo

1: the lady who dashed between two cars in platformheels and got caught by the one coming up the inside,

I've never seen cars in platform heels myself, but we're a bit behind London fashions up here in Yorkshire. :-)

Edited by galileo on 31/10/2013 at 17:15

Accidents - In London - Falkirk Bairn

I've never seen cars in platform heels myself, but we're a bit behind London fashions up here in Yorkshire. :-)

That'll be these well heeled (&soled) Londoners again!

That'll be these well heeled (&soled) Londoners again!

Saw one very glam girl getting into drive a car in 6" stilettos. bit out of place but it was "ON Broadway" Do they have miniskirts that short in yorkshire?

Saw one very glam girl getting into drive a car in 6" stilettos. bit out of place but it was "ON Broadway" Do they have miniskirts that short in yorkshire?

Visit town centres (Wakefield/Leeds/Huddersfield) any night, escpecially weekends, and see for yourself!

Accidents - In London - Ethan Edwards

Some of these sound like Darwin awards candidates.

Perhaps ORB your impeding the natural selection process by saving these people.

Best just leave them to it.

Ethan, poor youngrovergirl, like all medics is morally obliged to not walk past, (and could be in trouble if she did and it was known) even for the very stupid,

Darwin must be thinking OMG, what have i done?

Accidents - In London - Bobbin Threadbare

Darwin must be thinking OMG, what have i done?

He's spinning in his grave.

Accidents - In London - DrippingSump

Evolution has been suspended for the forseeable future.

Accidents - In London - Andrew-T

Evolution has been suspended for the forseeable future.

I think it has gone into reverse. But to get back to the OP, the lower life we are talking about have a fixed idea that if anything happens to them, 'society' will sort it out. That's why they pay their taxes (or maybe don't).

Just a short note to add, after 45 yearsof driving, driving in London now terrifies me. Just avoid it totally except to escape. (VERY early or quite late)

Accidents - In London - bathtub tom

Just a short note to add, after 45 yearsof driving, driving in London now terrifies me. Just avoid it totally except to escape. (VERY early or quite late)

Ditto and I include the M25!

Ditto and I include the M25!

If you ever get up here, be aware that M62 from J23 to J30 seems to have an accident a day with the associated lane (or even full motorway) closures for a number of hours, so add that stretch to your 'avoid' list.

Accidents - In London - Bobbin Threadbare

If you ever get up here, be aware that M62 from J23 to J30 seems to have an accident a day with the associated lane (or even full motorway) closures for a number of hours, so add that stretch to your 'avoid' list.

Definitely avoid!

Back In West wales for Christmas, and the difference is strange, People stop to let you out if they see you waiting, relatively easy and free parking, no traffics jams, the one set of lightsover the river into town wait once at the most,

Have I gone to heaven?

AND as a pedestrian, cars stop for you to cross the road, even at those little traffic islands that are there to help you cross..

Diolch yn fawr!

Edited by oldroverboy. on 21/12/2013 at 10:24

Accidents - In London - gordonbennet

All's not wonderful even in Carmarthen ORB, i'd just delivered cars to the Pug dealer and was turning right back onto the main dual carriageway at the island, so you probably know where i mean.

Its a dual carriage roundabout but a T junction set up.

Three cars approaching from my right, first one turns left with no indicator as does number two, thanks chaps...then a nice lady is approaching slowly indicating left and lined up for turning left so i start to pull out...silly me, she's goes straight over and looks at me gone out.

In a way i prefer London, no one ever indicates meaningfully, most of 'em can't compute courtesy, you know exactly what to expect....mind you you couldn't pay me enough to live in the dump.

Interesting Thursday afternoon, got delayed whilst delivering at Park Royal, so left there at exactly 1655, expecting the traffic to be horrendous i happily breezed out without hardly a light change and straight up a clear Brentfield Road, and equally clear North Circular and kept a steady pace all the way up M1 till i turned off at jct 14....yet on the way down arriving Pk Royal @ 1400 the traffic was a horrible calling for much ducking and diving.

Edited by gordonbennet on 21/12/2013 at 10:58

All's not wonderful even in Carmarthen ORB, i'd just delivered cars to the Pug dealer and was turning right back onto the main dual carriageway at the island, so you probably know where i mean.

Its a dual carriage roundabout but a T junction set up.

Three cars approaching from my right, first one turns left with no indicator as does number two, thanks chaps...then a nice lady is approaching slowly indicating left and lined up for turning left so i start to pull out...silly me, she's goes straight over and looks at me gone out.

Yes, know where you mean.. saw a nice "crunch" one day where one going left met one turning right and both ended up facing the opposite direction, one of them written off, but those of us who know it take extra care. That is by the way soon to be our ex chevrolet dealers, Howards, who are thoroughly nice people.

So, someone famous has visited Carmarthen! Hooray and merry Christmas.