E46 M Sport Coupe - water in fuse box and footwell - DRH325
2001 E46 M Coupe.
The car's about to go back on the road after not needing for commuting for most of this year, so I was a shocked to find a wet passenger foot well carpet.
Feeling around for a source path, imagine my shock when I opened the glove-box, and found it very wet, and then opened the fuse box and water actually came out from within the plastic cavities that the fuses sit within!

Apart from washing the body occasionally (never used a jet-wash), and moving back / forward to avoid flat spots, the car hasn't been touched. The battery is off and garaged, so no electrics on.

I've been all over the Web but no mention of water in the fuse-box.

I've had the car 7 years, and have noticed that the windscreen steams up fairly easily, but assumed it was just as it was ventilation-wise, as I've never found wet carpets etc.
It's not had a new windscreen to my knowledge, nor have the door cards/seals been off, and the carpet is dry at the sides/door bottoms.
I have noticed a couple of small splits in the windscreen surround, both sides of the car (drivers side is definitely dry inside), but I think these are more cosmetic, the screen bonded underneath? The rubber(ish) seal doesn't appear to be anywehere near waterproof around any of it's length, ie: very tight against the glass.

The car sits underneath a hawthorn tree, so I've cleared some small leaf reside from all the gutters etc that I can see under the bonnet and also from within the cavity that the rectangular filter sits within underneath the central bonnet grill next to the windscreen.

Are there any known drain holes / channels that I've missed that block perhaps?

Does anyone know of any other possible causes?

As the fuse box is wet, I can't re-instate the battery and use the car.

Thanks you to anyone who can help!

<*** title="Reply With Quote" src="http://s1.bimmerfest.com/forums/images/buttons/quote.gif" border="0" alt="Reply With Quote" />

E46 M Sport Coupe - water in fuse box and footwell - elekie&a/c doctor

This model is not known for water leaks/ingress ,but it is possible it is coming from the under bonnet central electric box.In the engine bay ,passenger side at the rear,is a plastic cover,usually a beige/white colour.Take the screws off the lid and check inside for any water/dampness.Dry the fusebox by using a hot air gun carefully to dispel the moisture.