Chevrolet Spark - Thoughts? - alan1302

We've been looking for a new car to replace a 15 year old Corsa and want something cheap to run but also something that looks a bit different and so have been interested in the Chevrolet Spark. Has anyone here had any experience with it - likes/dislikes?

Chevrolet Spark - Thoughts? - daveyK_UK

Used one as a rental car, the interior space impressed me (similar to its predecessor the matiz).

Fuel economy in mid 40's around town.

Chevrolet Spark - Thoughts? - DrippingSump

I am a huge fan of small hatchbacks and the Spark is one that interests me. I don't mind having a car that is not mainstream and different.

Anyway, I do know the Spark recently went from a belt drive engine to chain drive. I personally prefer chain drive so I would definitely go for one when I need to.

Chevrolet Spark - Thoughts? - alan1302

Thaks for the info both of you.

Chevrolet Spark - Thoughts? - Falkirk Bairn

If buying new do not pay anything near list!

6 mth old ex day rental say 7,000mls pay less than £7000

Lookers had pre-reg 13 plates for £6,099 during the summer.

Sure you could get them down to under £6k.
Chevrolet Spark - Thoughts? - oldroverboy.

On my 4th chevrolet now, bought old aveo then new aveo for mate, spark 1.o litre for youngrovergirls colleague, very happy, another bought new aveo on recommendation from me, but got a good deal, and another very happy with latest captiva which does london to west wales return weekly, and plenty in between.

Minor grouch, when i wanted to borrow a car for 24 hours as mine being in a bodyshop, dealer "unable" to lend me a car after taking them 3 new car sales... (no trade ins, no problems)

answers on a postcard.....

Mark 1 Aveo's eat head gaskets around 50,000 miles onwards.

More common than you would think.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 24/10/2013 at 23:10

Chevrolet Spark - Thoughts? - jonmac

I had a Spark LTZ 1.2 as a courtesy car for a few days earlier this year. I was very impressed with it.

I will be replacing my present car ( mitsubishi colt CZ1 ) early next year. Just waiting to see what the new Hyundai i10 is like.

But the Spark is favourite as there are some great deals around on nearly new models

Chevrolet Spark - Thoughts? - craig-pd130

Had a new 1.2 as a rental recently for a couple of days and it was quite fun to drive. Ride's a bit crashy and handling a bit understeery, but the engine is very willing if a little raucous.

Throttle response on the one I had was razor sharp, don't know if it's a fly-by-wire throttle but the tiniest brush of the pedal had the revs soaring. As a result the car's very nippy in urban traffic and quite happy to cruise at 80-odd.

Reminded me of our old mark 1 Punto 55: cheap and cheerful (meant as a compliment, not faint praise).