Event Tyres - Recommended tyre fitters - colric

Having bought and been very pleased with a Citroen C2 LX 1.1 and later a Mazda 2 TS2 after reading the complimentary reviews on HJ, I decided to follow like advice to replace the Michelin Energy Saver tyres on my wife's C2.

The tyres have performed admirably and I was going to replace them with the same but after reading some HJ tyre reviews purchased Goodyear Vector All Seasons.

Also Haloed by HJ; Event Tyres, so I used them as well.

Stephen Hayward the fitter rang to tell us of his expected arrival time within our chosen 4 hour service window.

He arrived exactly to time and fitted the 4 tyres in less than 45 minutes.

Total cost for the vehicle standard 175x65 R14T 82 tyres: £268.92.

£16 more than Black Circle but they don't come to your home or place of work to fit the tyres. Still £92 cheaper than a local recommended fitter.

Event tyres certainly put themselves out as their fitter had travelled from Manchester to Leeds to fit my tyres. The next fitting of the 8 he was contracted to do today was back in Manchester!

I would be very happy to use the company again and of course, to recommend them to others.

So, thanks again to HJ, my favourite Motoring site.

Colric

Event Tyres - Recommended tyre fitters - RT

Having checked all the internet suppliers for some Pirelli Scorpion Verde All-Season M+S and got their best price, I phoned A-Line in Dudley that I use for suspension alignment as that needed doing as well and they beat the best internet price - go figure!

Event Tyres - Recommended tyre fitters - daveyjp
After my recent experience of a local Black Circles fitter your £16 was well spent. They obviously had a real downer on BC, but those gripes should be left between fitting company and Black Circles and not be presented to the customer in giving terrible service.
Event Tyres - Recommended tyre fitters - RT

I used Black Circles a few years back and found that the fitters they use are very much the weak link - the one I used didn't know that much about tyres!

Whether the problem is the way Black Circles pay their fitters, I don't know.

Event Tyres - Recommended tyre fitters - skidpan

I used Event Tyres 2 years ago on the wifes car. The price was over £50 cheaper than the closest and they came to my house. The fitter was superb, no marks on the alloys.

Unfortunately when I needed tyres a few months ago they no longer fit in our area.

Event Tyres - Recommended tyre fitters - daveyjp
The gripe was about the amount black circles paid them, he told me how much it was as part of the moan, but if a garage owner doesn't read the contract that's not my problem.

As a new customer to an establishment a business owner moaning to me about the service I am using doesn't give me any incentive to go back.

Our cars need MOTs, brakes, exhausts etc etc and good garages get my business.

Edited by daveyjp on 17/10/2013 at 22:00

Event Tyres - Recommended tyre fitters - artill

I used Event tyres about 6 years ago. They came and fitted 4 tyres to new wheels. On the bill, it included a cost for disposing of the old tyres, which of course there werent any. I queried this, but they refused to refund me what they had charged for this part of the service.

I was then invited to leave a comment on their web site, which i did, saying what a good service they provided, except for this small matter of the disposal charge. Surprise surprise, it never made it on to their web site. I havent used them since.

I used Event tyres about 6 years ago. They came and fitted 4 tyres to new wheels. On the bill, it included a cost for disposing of the old tyres, which of course there werent any. I queried this, but they refused to refund me what they had charged for this part of the service.

I was then invited to leave a comment on their web site, which i did, saying what a good service they provided, except for this small matter of the disposal charge. Surprise surprise, it never made it on to their web site. I havent used them since.

Hi Artill,

Event tyres may not have published your comments but they may have taken the criticism on board.

On my bill breakdown there was listed 0 charge for disposal of the old tyres.

It seems they have absorbed that cost into the overall charge, possibly to avoid the risk of similar legitimate queries in the future.

Event Tyres - Recommended tyre fitters - Ben79

I've used Event Tyres twice and have recommended someone else to use them. They were absolutely faultless and took great care not to damage the alloys.

This time round they were rather expensive so I bought the winter tyres "supply only" from an established internet site and took them to a local garage who knows my face and he fitted and balanced them for £10 +vat a corner. Don't underestimate local garages!

After a disappointing rebalancing of two front wheels by Tyres4less who did provide accurate balancing last year. I brought forward my replacement of tyres and turned again to the excellent Event Tyres.

I missed the discount deal with them through the HJ site but was still satisfied with the cost.
£10 cheaper to purchase each tyre plus £5 cheaper to rebalance the two wheels I had done last week...one of them was virtually spot on but the other 35gms out of true; no wonder my car had vibrated constantly from zero hour, at speeds over an indicated 65mph.

How many times during 40+ years of motoring have i been told if the balancing is not right first time bring your car back.

Why can so few fitters get the wheel balancing right the first time?

How nice to cruise again vibration free!

Different fitter this time but Richard Divine carried out the work in the fuss free, accurate manner for which his company is justifiably renowned.
Cheers.
Continued with the very pleasing Toyo R27 tyres designed for my car.

Very good all round summer tyres with excellent, very low wear characteristics. But like most 'Summers' these days, as useful as 'slicks' in the snow!
In Arctic conditions I shall borrow my wife's more suitably shod vehicle or stay at home!

Event Tyres - Recommended tyre fitters - quizman

A very good advert, Colric. It's better than having to pay.

Hi Quizman,

You have a dark heart.

I like to ‘advertise’ good experiences I have personally had, to help others looking for reliable services.

I missed the HJ reader's discount but perhaps you would have likened that to payment for my honest review.

I found EMT via the HJ site and so have commended them on the HJ site for the two experiences of excellent, value for money service that I have received from them.

Will you now be accusing HJ himself of receiving payment for giving the Company an award?

good-garage-guide.honestjohn.co.uk/garage-heroes/f.../

I wouldn't accuse HJ of anything but a good website and a good column in the DT.

I have found that tyre websites are useful when looking for new tyres, but I usually find that local tyre firms in Derby can beat them. I ring up maybe City Tyres and Britannia Tyres, both excellent firms, and then chose.

Your company does not do my area anyway!

Do you know where I can get a new kitchen???!!!???

Edited by quizman on 25/04/2014 at 19:58

Event Tyres - Recommended tyre fitters - Sofa Spud

We had Event tyres on or current car when we bought it secondhand. They performed well and lasted well, although when they became due for replacement we opted for another brand because the local tyre fitting company we always use didn't fit Event tyres.

Event Tyres - Recommended tyre fitters - alan1302

We had Event tyres on or current car when we bought it secondhand. They performed well and lasted well, although when they became due for replacement we opted for another brand because the local tyre fitting company we always use didn't fit Event tyres.

Think you are mixing up the tyre brand Event with the company Event Tyres that come to your home/work place to fit tyres.

Well quizy,

Why not ask Gordon Ramsey about your new kitchen.

Then you may get the sort of answer you seem to want from me.

I shall not give credence to your continued negativity by reply to your comments again.

Event Tyres - Recommended tyre fitters - Avant

Colric has been a member of the forum since last October, and has posted on other topics as well as this. I'm happy to assume that he doesn't have any connection with Event Tyres except as a customer.

Edited by Avant on 27/04/2014 at 01:10

Event Tyres - Recommended tyre fitters - bathtub tom

I've a couple of Event tyres I bought as 'new old stock'. I think some manufacturers fitted them as standard.

tinyurl.com/o7w79f4

If I am wrong, sorry.

But if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck .........................

I'm not being negative, I'm supporting local tyre firms. They can usually beat online sites.

I'm not negative if Event don't do my area.

The kitchen remark was a joke on some recent posts and I don't like Gordon Ramsey.

Thank you HJ,

for bringing us back to the theme of this thread.