Hyundai i30 2013 - Demisting - technophobe

As much as I like the car, I have found that the windscreen seems very prone to misting up. The demisters seem a bit feeble compared to other cars even the previous model. I have to use the a/c quite a lot to clear the screen which I have not had to do before. Does anyone else have the same problem.

Hyundai i30 2013 - Demisting - dieselnut

Have you checked the carpets for any damp.

Even a slight leak will raise the humidity inside the car & cause a misting problem.

Hyundai i30 2013 - Demisting - technophobe

Thanks for the suggestion but carpets are dry.

Hyundai i30 2013 - Demisting - martint123

Same in my I10. No damp detected anywhere in the cabin either. A/C easiest way to clear it almost instantly.

Hyundai i30 2013 - Demisting - ifekas

A/C easiest way to clear it almost instantly.

Yes, that's true; however, I try to switch off the a/c some minutes before the end of my journey; otherwise when the car is next started (and the a/c evaporator is damp), it causes the screen to mist up instantly though of course if the a/c is left on constantly this clears up reasonably quickly... except in very cold weather.

Hyundai i30 2013 - Demisting - Big John

Ensure that the air recerc button is working. When I bought my year old MK 1 Superb it had a recerc flap servo fault (probably there from new) that caused all sorts of misting up problems - fortunately sorted under warranty. Big dash out job!

If that is working to spec - As previously suggested switch AC off a few minutes before the end of a journey to purge moisture out of the air con/climate system. When you finally park up for the evening push the recerc button just before turning off. This seals the interior from the outside world / dew /frost etc...

Don't forget to push recerc again to allow fresh air back in when next driven.