Citroen Xsara - overheating - quiz master

My Citreon Xsara is losing water and overheating. I cannot find the source of the leak it is not the rad. Lately my demisters appear to be splashing water in the inside if the wind screen. Today when i got home to my amazement there was a puddle on the passengers side of the car it had coolant in it. The car is a 2001 reg and a clean car. Has anyone got any ideas the engine is running perfect, perhaps its time to lay it to rest.

Citroen Xsara - overheating - galileo

Sounds as if the heater matrix has failed and is leaking. I fear this will be costly if the dashboard etc has to be removed to replace it. You could try Radweld/Bars leaks or similar stuff in the hope it stops the leak.

Thanks for replying i hope your wrong.

Citroen Xsara - overheating - Peter.N.

I doubt that he is.

Seen mechanic today,looks like he was right but there is a smaller rad inside dash for the heating system and i was told to try a good rad seal first ,will let you know how it goes thanks

Citroen Xsara - overheating - galileo

Seen mechanic today,looks like he was right but there is a smaller rad inside dash for the heating system and i was told to try a good rad seal first ,will let you know how it goes thanks

The smaller rad inside the dash IS the heater matrix I mentioned above.