Vauxhall Astra - Used Car Buying - wustersauce

Today I see car for sale at Lookers a well known group that sells cars. The car was aVauxhall Astra 1.4i 16V Active 5dr / 62 plate and its mileage was just over 12,000 and it was forsale for £8,291 it had just been reduced from £9,495. I filled in the online form to say I was interested in the car and a salesman rang my mobile to discuss it with me. I informed them I had a Fiat Stilo to trade in and he said it was worth £350 - £450. He then went off the phone and said he was looking at the Astra and it was a mistake by the company that the car was forsale for £8,291 and it should have been forsale for over £9000. Strange how he wanted to sell me the car before the trade in even though I had not seen it or taken it for a test drive. And when I mentioned it would be a cash transaction it all went up to a different price. Another company in my bad books that makes two so far !!! (If you wish to see the car yourselves its Reg BJ62LLT SOVEREIGN SILVER)

Vauxhall Astra - Used Car Buying - oldroverboy.

Another company in my bad books that makes two so far !!! (If you wish to see the car yourselves its Reg BJ62LLT SOVEREIGN SILVER)

As in my reply to your post about the other Vauxhall dealer,

Look on some of the carsupermarket websites and they will have similiar cars, all ex-rental or lease for similiar or cheaper prices, that is how i buy mine.

If you buy the car from the dealer you are paying his profit margin, so flog the stilo , someone somewhere will have it priced right, and a 62 plate car will still have manufacturers warranty on it!

Vauxhall Astra - Used Car Buying - Mr Fox

That company you mention are absolute Shysters, tried telling me my Air Con Compressor was knackered when it just needed to be regassed.

Just looked on their website its still advertised at £ 8291

Ring up again and pretend you want to buy it on finance and see if they hold the price then ??

Edited by Mr Fox on 15/10/2013 at 20:30

Vauxhall Astra - Used Car Buying - 72 dudes

Not uncommon tactics used by other high volume dealers. Designed to get you through the door or on the phone.

Many people would fall for it, thinking that even at the revised price, it's a good price. You didn't.

If you're still interested, try phoning again saying something like "Have you still got the Astra advertised at £8291.

Vauxhall Astra - Used Car Buying - oldroverboy.

www.ronskinnerandsons.co.uk/vauxhall-astra/16554

£7999 15,000 miles, have bought 2 cars for friends.

nothing to complain about. will take holding deposit on phone, I actually bought 1 car sight unseen, as was assured blemish free.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 16/10/2013 at 08:39