Ford Fiesta - Fallout on paintwork - brickydave

I bought a Ford Fiesta 11reg from my local Ford dealer in August on collection of the car i noticed a few rust marks on paintwork.When i pointed these out these to salesman he said it was fallout and would easily be removed and he arranged to have them removed using an acid treatment.When the car was returned to me there were still a couple of fallout marks on it .which i have told them about and since then i have noticed even more fallout after i have washed it.What should i do next?

Ford Fiesta - Fallout on paintwork - Bromptonaut

Please could you explain what you mean by fallout?

Other reports of this condition are associated with iron dust from railways, particularly in areas with third rail electrification, or industrial pollutants. If so it is not a manufacturing or design fault and it's difficult to see how the dealer can be responsible. He would though be expected to sort out pre existing staining as part of pre-sale prep/clean.

If you google paintwork fallout you will find a number of commercial solutions for both removal and prevention of stains.

Edited by Bromptonaut on 15/10/2013 at 11:51

just wanted to know were i stand about getting paintwork rid of all traces of the metal fallout .

Ford Fiesta - Fallout on paintwork - alan1302

If you have fallout it's probably time to move!

WHAT?