example Infiniti EX - Real MPG's???? I don't think so... - Pocc

Although I applaud the intention of the 'Real MPG' figures - there is clearly no validation going on of the figures/submissions made.

I say this only because I thought I'd look at some figures for various cars etc.

The sample size of a few hundred for a Mitsi L200 pick up seemed to be OK - but then I thought I'd look at another possible 4WD I was looking at - an Infiniti EX 3.0D. How many people have even heard of this car I wonder?

Now here's my problem.

There are 44 THOUSAND submissions to the 'Real MPG' site for this car - confirming the manufacturers figures are almost eactly correct - given that there's only about 200 of these in the UK - who has made all the entries? A spamming loop from India I presume?

Come on John - it can't be 'Honest' if it's this easy to manipulate your figures!

example Infiniti EX - Real MPG's???? I don't think so... - Gordon17

I think it's the website that's misbehaving. The 44,000 is shown as the total number of Real MPG submissions across all makes. For other makes when you click on the make it shows a much lower number, e.g. 900 for SEAT, but for Infiniti it stays at 44,000.