Ford Focus CC diesel - £942 for a service and work - pants pulled down? - YourLeader

Just a general question.

Took my 6 year old Focus CC turbo diesel (38000 miles) in for a service today. I knew the brakes needed looking at (advisory on my last service) and I requested an air-con check.

Service = £195, air-con check = £30.

So I'd braced myself for a bill of at least £225.

Guy phones me after two hours and says

(a) front and rear discs and pads need replacing

(b) wipers need replacing

(c) fuel additive needs replacing otherwise the DPF could fail and land me with a £1500 bill

(d) brake fluid needs changing

Total bill came in at £942.

Any opinions as to whether it's reasonable?

Ford Focus CC diesel - £942 for a service and work - pants pulled down? - gordonbennet

Good after market brakes (Pagid) come to £171.84 all in from Cp4L so call that £280+ from the main dealer, wipers say £30 but could well be more if genuine, say 2 hours to carefully fit the lot (not Bodgit and Scarpers method) including bleeding the brakes (£10 fluid) @ say £80 an hour (£100ish incl VAT) that comes to £520.

I'm not up on EOLYS fluid costs, all i know is its not cheap, i'd have expected between £120 and £150 for that alone incl programming, so £150 plus the £520 is £670 + the service and aircon @ £225 = £995.

No i don't think you've been overcharged at all, IF all the work needed doing...always assuming this was a main dealer, if it was an indy then still not too bad at all.

mind you its a long time since i took maths o level..;)

Ford Focus CC diesel - £942 for a service and work - pants pulled down? - YourLeader

Many thanks, yes this was a main Ford dealer.

It's still an ouch on the wallet though :-)