Toyota Auris and Auris HSD - Major Warranty Issue - RT

A neighbour with a recent Toyota Auris (not sure which engine) has had a complete engine/transmission change and 2-year warranty extension - and been told it's part of a major issue.

Anyone heard anything about this?

Toyota Auris and Auris HSD - Major Warranty Issue - gordonbennet

complete engine/transmission change and 2-year warranty extension - Anyone heard anything about this?

No, but yet again Toyota have done the decent thing without quibble AND extended the warranty for the customers peace of mind.

Any German car makers/dealers reading? This how you treat your customer when your product goes wrong.

Toyota Auris and Auris HSD - Major Warranty Issue - skidpan

I find it quite hard to imagine why you would require the replacement of both engine and transmission, it would need a catastrohic failure to cause such a problem.

Looks like a typical spam to me.

Toyota Auris and Auris HSD - Major Warranty Issue - RT

I find it quite hard to imagine why you would require the replacement of both engine and transmission, it would need a catastrohic failure to cause such a problem.

Looks like a typical spam to me.

The neighbour isn't mechanically minded so getting a more technical description of the issue was impossible - I can't comprehend what might go wrong to warrant such a replacement, either.