Peugeot 206 (56) - Overheating and Losing water - dardie

Hi Guys,

Im at my whits end with my Sons Peugeot that I bought him last year for his birthday.

For the last 6 months it has spent more time in the garage than on the road.

After a service identified he needed a new head gasket, I booked it in for repair. The head gasket was replaced, engine skimmed, cam belt and fuel pump replaced.

After 2 weeks it started leaking again. The garage took it back and said things just needed tightening.

Over the next couple of months it still leaked and eventually the garage took it back and did the head gasket again.

After driving it for 2 days the car suddenly died in the middle of the road. This turned out to be a fuel pipe just popping off (dont understand how that can happen)

All was going well until last week when it started leaking again. This time it was the rocker cover gasket and that was replaced.

He got it back on Saturday and started using it for work on Monday (20 mile round trip). On the Tuesday (last night) he overheated coming home and had no water in the tank but he had checked it on Sunday night and it was fine.

Any ideas please? the car is in the garage for a minimum of a week every time it goes back and we have lost all confidence in them. Money is also tight but I would certainly pay to get this fixed once and for all.

Thankyou.

Peugeot 206 (56) - Overheating and Losing water - Peter.N.

When they replaced the head gasket did the check the head for cracks and machine the surface?

They said the head was skimmed and they did a pressure test?

By way of an update, the problem turned out to be a plastic thermostat housing that had cracked. Now we're not sure whether to keep the car or get rid!