2007 ford transit tourneo minibus 2.2 tdci - drinking fuel - smed706

hi all i recently fitted an engine to the above mention vehicle the engine came from a 10 reg transit van with 47000 miles i had to remove from my old engine the injectors fuel pump vac pac alternator starter motor and pretty much anything else that could be unbolted from it and refit to the new 1 + fitted a new dual mass fly wheel .

my problem is before the old engine gave up it was averaging between 45 to 55 to the gallon but now averages between 24 to 30 to the gallon and is quite sluggish for a 130 psi bus . the EGR has also been completely bypassed

any ideas any1 thanks in advance for any info / advice given

Neil in Hull

2007 ford transit tourneo minibus 2.2 tdci - drinking fuel - skidpan

hi all i recently fitted an engine to the above mention vehicle the engine came from a 10 reg transit van with 47000 miles i had to remove from my old engine the injectors fuel pump vac pac alternator starter motor and pretty much anything else that could be unbolted from it and refit to the new 1 + fitted a new dual mass fly wheel .

my problem is before the old engine gave up it was averaging between 45 to 55 to the gallon but now averages between 24 to 30 to the gallon and is quite sluggish for a 130 psi bus . the EGR has also been completely bypassed

any ideas any1 thanks in advance for any info / advice given

Neil in Hull

You are having a laugh,no Transit ever made would do 45 mpg, 55 mpg is total fiction. We only got 40 average out of a 2.0 TDCi Mondeo (50 mpg on a long run). 30 mpg look spot on to me.

2007 ford transit tourneo minibus 2.2 tdci - drinking fuel - oldtoffee

I have a a 2013 tarmac shredding Mondeo 1.6 tdci 115 bhp with stop start , regen this and that and a load of other stuff and I get a true 55mpg on a fast'ish run and 43 mpg around town so no way did your Transit ever give what you reckon. If you get anywhere near 30mpg, sign on the dotted line.