2004 Renault Laguna 1.9dci 120bhp sport tourer - Eeprom error - horne65

Is an Eeprom fault signs of an ECU fault?

Can a used ECU be swapped between vehicles or does it have to be programmes to your vehicle?

Is an ECU repair better than a new ECU?

Are ECU Re-programming worth while?

Cheers, Kev

2004 Renault Laguna 1.9dci 120bhp sport tourer - Eeprom error - Collos25

Do you know what eprom stands for ?

ECU is vehicle specific as it holds the all the info regarding the chassis number and keys etc

A new ecu will cost much more than the cars worth.

Why would you want to re program a faulty ecu

Invest in box of matches its better in the long run these must be the worst cars in the world for electical faults.

You have previously asked a question about this car it quite obvious you are stabbing in the dark just do the sain thing and scrap the car.

Edited by Collos25 on 28/09/2013 at 08:55

2004 Renault Laguna 1.9dci 120bhp sport tourer - Eeprom error - horne65

It’s obvious to me you dislike Renaults. I Have owned this car from new for nine years with very little trouble at all on till recently.

Statistics will show all cars have problems more some than others, in fact there are organisations (AA, Rac & others) that show the most common cars for trouble are your so called prestige makes (t***** mobiles) like BMW/Mini who I have worked for and would never own one, Mercedes and Volkswagen/Audi.

This car is by far the best I have ever owned and I have owned a fair few.

2004 Renault Laguna 1.9dci 120bhp sport tourer - Eeprom error - Brit_in_Germany

Kev, the eeprom issue could have a number of causes ranging from a connection problem to cosmic rays corrupting a stored data bit. Two options I can think of are i) having the software reflashed at a dealer or ii) going to one of the many firms offering to increase performance through chipping.

2004 Renault Laguna 1.9dci 120bhp sport tourer - Eeprom error - Collos25

It’s obvious to me you dislike Renaults. I Have owned this car from new for nine years with very little trouble at all on till recently.

Statistics will show all cars have problems more some than others, in fact there are organisations (AA, Rac & others) that show the most common cars for trouble are your so called prestige makes (t***** mobiles) like BMW/Mini who I have worked for and would never own one, Mercedes and Volkswagen/Audi.

This car is by far the best I have ever owned and I have owned a fair few.

You have not answered any of the questions so I think you are clutching at straws,I too have owned two of the same vehicle in Initial trim plus I have in the past bought a number from a large rental company ,if you were to google this site you will find hundreds of examples of problems with this vehicle in fact it is probably the worsed car ever produced it is renown for urepairable problems.But good luck you will need it.