Superman lives - greenhey
Like most of us I get really amazed , even after all these years, at some of the driving I see . I guess most people haven't figured, or have, but just don't care, that driving is probably the most responsible thing any of us do regularly .
However I will exempt from this one person , who I encountered on the M40 northbound on Tuesday .He appears to have superhuman qualities , and apparently only kryptonite can hold him up.
At about J 16 I saw a black Merc SL coupe coming down the slip onto the motorway ,which was pretty busy .
By the time I had passed the slip he was entering the carriageway and I watched in my rearview mirror as he went acros the traffic in a diagonal to assume his proper place in Lane Three .I am wondering if there is a new, unpublicised programme where you can reserve a season ticket in Lane Three because he certainly seemed to think he must be there .It was either that or he thinks Mercs work on some kind of Scalextrics principle and if he is in 1 or 2 his car will stop.
Once he was alongside of me I could only admire his dedication to fuel economy as his proximity to the vehicle in front meant he must have had the full benefit of the slipstream.
As the vehicle in front of him pulled over and he saw the whole road aheadof him he then demonstrated what I can only assume is a new Merc feature which saves the driver looking ahead of him .He produced a shaver and started using it .
By this point I was so in awe I made sure I stayed in Lane 1 at 45-50 to ensure he had the maximum space for his mission ,but with a couple of minutes he was out of sight .
The only certainties I could glean from all this is that (a) he is immortal and (b) it must have been a company car

Superman lives - smokie
I'm sure there are other certainties you gleaned, but the swear filter would block them anyway.

The M40 is often one of the less congested motorways and brings out the racer in people. Not yesterday though, with multiple shunts!

I'd say it has to be a prime candidate for SPECS cameras before long.
Superman lives - Jonathan {p}
I think you could be right, he is superman.

He gets around very quickly and can always be relied upon to be present at the scene of an accident! In fact he could be God, he seems to be omnipresent and drives a wide range of cars.

One thing you forgot, was his x-ray vision, he can see through all the cars to check that his way ahead is clear. So he can concentrate on removing all that super stubble.
Superman lives - No Do$h
I witnessed a BMW being driven with consideration for other road users this morning.

I'm off for a lie down.

No Dosh ** Quick, talk motoring, Mark's coming! **
Superman lives - wemyss
Have already seen him Greenhay some months ago.
He is amazingingly competent and being inmortal is a useful attribute on our roads.
I was driving between Uttoxeter and Stone which is a winding twisty road where full attention is needed.
Superman came out of the drive of his residence this time in a BMW and settled twenty feet behind me.
Out came his razor which I didn't realise Superman needed and he commenced his act. At times I could see him with his face close up to his mirror one hand stretching his face and the razor in the other.
I recognised that this must be a special BMW which could follow the road with no driver input so I wasn't unduly concerned.
The next short straight and he blasted past me still shaving.
Obviously off on some mercy mission although he didn't have his uniform on at the time.
We should be so grateful.....
Superman lives - smokie
So am I alone in having seen WonderWoman, who responded to the call of duty so quickly that the eye liner had to be applied en route?

And in my rear view the other day there she was again...alone in the car....laughing her head off and talking. Either on the hands free, or was the Invisible Man was somewhere not to be seen, doing something to encourage such mirth? ;-)