Cheap HGV medicals - escape
My mate told me I didn't have to use my own GP for my HGV medical. He recommended the Manchester LGV Clinic (tel 0161 613 7705) who were great. Only charged me £60 and gave me an appointment within days. My GP wanted £150 and asked me to wait 3 weeks!

Apparently they cover the North West. You can get more details at www.manchesterlgvclinic.co.uk

If you know of any cheap HGV medicals around the UK, post their details on this thread. There's no reason why we should pay our GPs more than we have to!

Mike
Cheap HGV medicals - gordonbennet

I paid under £40 for my last one in Northants.

For those who need these services and don't know where to go then a search on one or two of the UK's lorry forums will soon put you right.

Most good employers will re-imburse you up to a certain amount (no they arn't going to fund the next Bentley either @ £120 for 20 minutes work) and those who don't get re-imbursed *should* be able to claim tax relief on the money paid out.

Cheap HGV medicals - Graham567

The original posting looks like spam to me.

I personally think it should be removed.Free advertising.

Cheap HGV medicals - escape
It's not spam mate.

When your medical needs sorting ASAP (like mine did) and you know your doctors taking the mick, you're grateful for any help you get.

My mates a driver in Newcastle. Anyone know of cheap medicals up there? He says he paid £110 for his last one.

Edited by escape on 02/09/2013 at 10:04

Cheap HGV medicals - gordonbennet

A quick browse on Trucknet brings up this, though there are several doctors listed in various parts of the country apart from this linked site.

www.gettingamedical.co.uk there is one listed at Newcastle for your mate.

I have no affiliation to any but i notice from the Trucknet site that the one i use is recommended too.

Edited by gordonbennet on 02/09/2013 at 15:41