Ford Kuga - 2011 Ford Kuga wheel vibration - Stravaiger

Front wheel vibration from 60 mph upwards since buying the Kuga in mid 2011. Local garage stated not its problem so had front wheels balanced, rear wheels balanced, front wheels again balanced then tracking checked. Finally local garage re-checked wheel balance and said it must be the tyres. There is no obvious tyre damage or uneven wear and there is still a lot of tread left even at 17000 miles. Other than changing the tyres is there anything else I can do?

Ford Kuga - 2011 Ford Kuga wheel vibration - thunderbird

Tyres are covered by the tyre manufacturer warranty. Suggest you contact the tyre manufacturer and ask what they suggest.

Downside is you have to buy new tyres before you return the old ones unless you have another set,

Last year a set of 3 year old Michelin Energy on the wifes car showed small cracks on the outer sidewalls. The tyres still had 5mm on the fornts and 6mm on the rears thus not 1/2 worn. When I fitted the winter wheels the tyres were returned and we got a £195 cheque from Michelin for the remaining tread.

Ford Kuga - 2011 Ford Kuga wheel vibration - Stravaiger

Thanks for that and will try Continental but I suspect it really is a Ford problem. I was considering downsizing from 18" to 17" wheels and fitting all weather tyres despite having lots of tyre wear left like you.

Ford Kuga - 2011 Ford Kuga wheel vibration - Peter.N.

If its not wheel balance its got to be the tyres, I had a pair of new Goodyears on a Citroen XM when I bought it, the car always pulled to the offside - until I changed the tyres. You possible have ply seperation, one way you an check is to jack one wheel up just clear of the road and run the engine, observe the gap between the tyre and road as the wheel rotates, you may find that it is varying because the tyre is out of round.