Vauxhall Combo 1.3cdti - Engine just failed - Furni-Tech

Hi

Im a newbie,I have a vauxhall combo 1.3cdti,driving on the M62 and coming to a halt and stopped the traffic then started to move and my engine just failed when accelartor was pressed,crawled into the layby and was told that the engine is knackered from Green flag,got towed to my local garage and he replaced the cam sensor but still the engine did not fire so he thinks the chain has snapped and the cam rods may have gone so he is gong to to remove the head and inspect but have been told to expect the worse,approx price £600-£1500 if engine needs replacement is this correct would just like some help/ feedback.Just had a full service 2 weeks ago as well

Many Thanks

Mark

Vauxhall Combo 1.3cdti - Engine just failed - Peter.N.

If you can see the camshaft through the oil filler, engage the starter and see if its moving, if not the chain is broken. If you cant see it you will have to take the rocker cover off.

Vauxhall Combo 1.3cdti - Engine just failed - Furni-Tech

Thanks

This has been done and have seen for myself the and there is no movement,which the mechanic did say the chain would of snapped,so he is taking the rocker off tomorrow to check for further damage as he said if the chain has broke this may of also broken the the cams.

Thanks