Vauxhall Antara - A round of applause for my Antara - Ald

Well it's almost a year old, 7k miles lots of them towing our caravan (yes I can hear you all groaning) Fuel consumption is steadily increasing, I got 30 mpg whilst towing 1.4 tonnes of 'van from Berwick to Doncaster so it's not all bad! Unscheduled visits to the dealer, zero, faults to report at the first service in two weeks, zero. I occasionally hear a rattling noise inside which I tracked down to my sunglasses in the overhead receptacle. Paint still nice and shiny, nothing has stopped working or fallen off. I have put just about 250ml of oil to top it up, just the once mind, which on a brand new diesel engine is OK. I am a happy bunny.

Vauxhall Antara - A round of applause for my Antara - veloster

nice to hear this,only ever seem to hear about cars when they have problems,sure there must be thousands out there without any.my new hyundai is now 8 months old and no problems to report..

Vauxhall Antara - A round of applause for my Antara - Falkirk Bairn

Excluding servicing, tyres, brakes, exhausts etc I have spent about £1,000 on repairs on my Mazda Xedos.

Mind you that is in 14 yrs ownership, the car is now 15 yrs old. I think I will need a new battery soon as it loses it's charge when the weather gets cold - it's the original battery!

Vauxhall Antara - A round of applause for my Antara - mss1tw

Excluding servicing, tyres, brakes, exhausts etc I have spent about £1,000 on repairs on my Mazda Xedos.

Mind you that is in 14 yrs ownership, the car is now 15 yrs old. I think I will need a new battery soon as it loses it's charge when the weather gets cold - it's the original battery!

Sounds fit for the scrappy ;-)

Vauxhall Antara - A round of applause for my Antara - Oli rag

Sounds like Mazda should replace it free as a good will gesture :-)

Vauxhall Antara - A round of applause for my Antara - Rats

Sounds like it's likely to keep going for a few more years of good economical and eco-friendly motoring, much better than being scrapped after a few years.

Vauxhall Antara - A round of applause for my Antara - Falkirk Bairn

Xedos Battery finally succumbed on Saturday - £70 and a trip to Halfords.

The battery mounts fitted the original battery 100%.

It took 90 mins of head scratching to get the bracket to hold the new one.

The new battery was 20mm narrower and 15-20mm taller - hence the issues as there was little or no adjustment allowed by the clamps.