Audi a6 saloon limited edition 2003 - Will I be paying the correct price? - bluechase
Hi all, Iv been trying to find the current price for an audi a6 limited edition saloon but I actually can't find it anywhere apart from one being scrapped. Iv had a friend who works for a main car dealer do a hpi that all clear and a cap id price but the car doesn't show up nor does it on most websites. Iv seen a photo of the log book and it clearly states limited addition on there. It has 2 previous owners and comes with the following:
Electric Heated & Adjustable Door Mirrors
Electric Front Seats (height adjustment)
Electric Windows - Front & Rear
Full Air Con with Individual Front Temperature Controls
Multi Stack CD player in Dashboard with Cassette & FM Radio
Sat Nav built in
Cruise Control
Speed Control (if required)
Electronic Computer for MPG average, fuel left, vehicle range etc
Outside Temperature sensor
Audible & Visual '2 hour' Driving Warning system (when been driving continuously for 2 hours warning you to take a break)
Front & Rear Parking Sensors (can be turned off)
Remote Central Locking (will even close open windows when locking vehicle from remote)
Lockable Glove compartment
3 Hidden compartments (for storing valuables out of sight)
PAS
ESP (can be turned off if required) (Traction Control)
ABS
Front & Rear Fog lights
Front & Side airbags (Passenger front can be turned off)
Rear seatbelts
Alarm - Anti-theft with interior ultrasonic protection (can turn off interior sensors as well so kids can still be safe inside a locked/alarmed vehicle)
Immobiliser
Rear Spoiler
17 inch Alloys (including spare)
Centre Console (hinge broken but still usable)
Full Black Leather upholstery (although drivers seat showing signs of wear but NO holes)
Leather Steering Wheel & Gear Knob
Rear passenger heat/cool/air-con outlets
Rear passenger 'cup holders'
Sports Seats
Head rests x 5
Body Coloured bumpers
Fully Zinc Galvanised Body

All the above are/were Factory Fitted from NEW

Plus FSH and new tyres all round.

What sort of price should I expect to pay? Any help and advice would be great! Thanks in advance
Audi a6 saloon limited edition 2003 - Will I be paying the correct price? - Armitage Shanks {p}

2003 A6s are on Autotrader around £3k so what are the limited edition add-ons worth to you?

Audi a6 saloon limited edition 2003 - Will I be paying the correct price? - RT

In my opinion, the extras on a 10-year old car are worth zilch - if you were trading it in you'd get no more for it as p/x than the model without any extras - it's different on a 2-3 year old car but not at that age.

Audi a6 saloon limited edition 2003 - Will I be paying the correct price? - Collos25

At that age I would be looking at the tyres ,brake discs wether itis burning any oil has the cam belt been changed these will add a bit of value an extra this or that will not.Worth !k for a rough one and 2.5k for a low milage minter (retail).

Audi a6 saloon limited edition 2003 - Will I be paying the correct price? - bluechase
I'm looking at paying 3200. it hasn't had a cam belt change as far as I'm aware yet what is the best mileage for an audi to be done? This is the description along with my original post:

Absolutely superb example of a well made and safe German DIESEL car.
Excellent condition considering it is nearly ten years old (we have looked after this car very well).
We have owned this vehicle from less than 4 months old.
Listed on Log Book (V5) as being Limited Edition model & we believe only 12 were ever made to this specification for UK market.
New clutch late last year.
Brand new Continental '5' tyres all round at last MOT (done in April 2013) RRP £740.
CV boot replaced also.
FSH (done by Audi Main Dealers until manufacturers warranty expired).

I will make sure to look at the discs and oil issues now. The extras are nice to have but not something that in to fussed about. Lets be honest a 10 year old sat nav won't be up to date and I drive a huge van so sensors are needless to me but will be good for the other half.
Audi a6 saloon limited edition 2003 - Will I be paying the correct price? - Armitage Shanks {p}

Audi Owners Club forum says every 5 years or 75K miles so your inteneded purchase would seem to be due, at least on the age aspect. Several A6 limited editions for sale here

tinyurl.com/nz9vnq6

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 15/08/2013 at 10:34

Audi a6 saloon limited edition 2003 - Will I be paying the correct price? - Falkirk Bairn

It was a £40K car when new.

When things go wrong (It's 10 yrs old!) the repair costs are those of a £40K car, not the £2.5K that it is worth in today's market. 1 x major ish component and it is scrap!

Could say the same about any old car though. I'm going for an audi diesel due to its reliability and how good the engines are. As for the cambelt I'm unsure if it has been done but iv messages them now to find out.
Just spoke to a couple of garages turns out the recommend every 60k or 5 years meaning its over due and over priced. Costing £425 to do think I may give it a miss. cheers for your help
Audi a6 saloon limited edition 2003 - Will I be paying the correct price? - pd

You fail to state if it is a 1.9 or 2.5. 1.9 generally more desirable.

There is no "correct" price for a used car - they are all different and if they don't need a new cambelt they'll need new tyres.....or a bumper painted.....or new brakes...there is always something. You can only judge it against others and what it is worth to you.