Miller Xedos - Alfafan {P}
Just looking on the Autotrader site for a mazda Xedos. Spotted one descibed as a Miller 2.3, price (£12k, way above my price range) much much higher than anything else on the list. Anybody know what's different about it? Just curious.
Miller Xedos - Gazza
It is a Xedos 9 with the miller 2.3 engine. The engine is a 2.3 V6 24v with a supercharger and runs on a miller cycle rather than a otto cycle. I do not have the knowledge of the miller cycle but the miller 2.3 has more power than the 2.5 V6 in the same car (around 200 vs. 170) yet uses less fuel officially.

But then I guess all forced-induction engine can provide more power and uses less fuel in comparison to a bigger normally-aspired engine.
Garrison, Thanks for that. I'd looked on HJ's cbc breakdown, but only on the Xedos 6 not the 9. It's all in there. 208bhp apparently!

Can anybody explain the Miller cycle please?
Miller Xedos - P.Mason {P}
Try:
www.howstuffworks.com/question132.htm

P.
Thanks - a good site.
Miller Xedos - Phil I
worth going on to this for even more info on Miller Cycle.

www.mazda.co.nz/technology/1022.html

Theres a link to this from How stuff works as well.

Happy Motoring Phil I
Miller Xedos - Nsar
Fascinating and rather begs the question why aren't more petrol engines using this technology? Or are they hideously more expensive to buy and service?
Phil
Yes, I looked at the link. Have to say that as a mrer accountant, I soon became baffled!