Auto for £1000 and under with room for dogs. - JasonBatley
I only have a small budget to get the girlfriend a new car. She currently has a Pajero 2.8 SWB but we can't afford to run it as the MPG is awful.

I need an automatic for around £800 that has space for her to chuck the 3 dogs in the back. So far I have been looking online at Ford Focus Estate 1.6, Honda CRV, Vitara.

Can anyone recommend anything please? I am a total numpty when it comes to car knowledge. Thanks.
Auto for £1000 and under with room for dogs. - craig-pd130

I think you're better off sticking with the Pajero, to be honest. How many miles will you do in a year? And what mpg does the Pajero give you?

Buying any car for less than £1000 is taking a big gamble on reliability, and you''d be lucky to get better than 25 - 30mpg average out of any decent-sized petrol auto. You may not end up saving that much on fuel, and you could be exposing yourself to big repair bills too.

Auto for £1000 and under with room for dogs. - Dabooka

Seconded.

Auto for £1000 and under with room for dogs. - Andrew-T

Large automatic cars do not have low fuel consumption - some compromise will have to be made somewhere. A diesel should be better than a petrol, but will probably be dearer to buy. This circle cannot be squared.

Auto for £1000 and under with room for dogs. - blindspot

how big are the dogs. 5 door corsa b auto

Auto for £1000 and under with room for dogs. - daveyK_UK

hyundai sonata/kia magentis

2.0 auto.

makes sure the cam belt is done, will run forever.

its a saloon, so the dogs will need to go in he back seats.