ford mondeo mk4 diesel 140 - engine cutting out - blooming car

hi my mondeo cut out earlier as i was approaching a roundabout. i switched the ignition off and then restarted engine, engine warning light is not on , any ideas , thanks

ford mondeo mk4 diesel 140 - engine cutting out - craig-pd130

What year is the Mondeo? I had a 2008 140 estate, it never cut out on me, but many members on the Mondeo forums used to have problems with cutting out, especially when decellerating (approaching junctions, roundabouts etc). The cure was usually a visit to the dealer to have an engine management update flashed to the ECU.

If it's not in warranty any more, remove the engine cover and check all the various connectors on the engine are snug and properly connected. Also check the boost hoses from turbo to intercooler, and intercooler to inlet are properly connected with no oily crud seeping from the joints.

ford mondeo mk4 diesel 140 - engine cutting out - blooming car

thanks for your reply its on a 57 plate. i will book it in for a management update next week

ford mondeo mk4 diesel 140 - engine cutting out - Paul sawyer
Hi there my wife's car has just developed what sounds like similar problem 59plate mondeo did the software update resolve the issue for you if there was one ?? Thanks