BMW E91 325i Touring - BMW stick or twist - Paul77C

Hi

In a bit of dilemma. Got a late 2007 325i Touring with the N53 direct injection engine in 2010 as an approved used BMW and have extended the warranty twice so still covered. I like the car a lot to drive and does everything I need. Dont do a lot of miles so the MPG not critical.

But

In the last 8 months it has had 6 trips to the dealer (thankfully all under warranty) with a misfire and poor idling. This is well documented as a problem online with this engine. So far it has had 6 new coils, 6 new injectors, several software updates and at the last visit a new catalyst (which I suspect was knackered by the misfiring though BMW thought this may be the cause).

Warranty runs out at the end of the year and both SWMBO and I just starting to lose faith somewhat.

Time for a change or would you hang on and extend the warranty again???

Opinions gratefully recieved.

Paul

BMW E91 325i Touring - BMW stick or twist - gordonbennet

Lose faith?, thats the understatement of the year, you deserve a medal for not torching the junk...no offence meant to you but really this car is a lemon and would appear from your post its not alone in that.

Obviously this along with quite a few other German cars are not a vehicle to be owned outside of warranty, even then i could not put up all the faff involved in getting such an unreliable vehicle repaired constantly.

I'd out it and not go anywhere near the maker again.

BMW E91 325i Touring - BMW stick or twist - Paul77C

Thanks for the reply gordonbennet. The faff of getting it repaired is the main problem and I'm worried that misifiring for so long will have done more damage.....

Japanese next time me thinks!