Chevrolet and Nissan link? - daveyK_UK

Chevrolet to sell re-bagged Nissan NV200 vans next year in the USA/

Since when did Nissan and Chevy go into partnership?

http://www.chevrolet.com/city-express-small-van.html

Chevrolet and Nissan link? - Collos25

Probably the same time as they went into partnership producing Vauxhall/Opel vans and Nissan vans across europe many years ago.

Chevrolet and Nissan link? - balleballe

I'm more concerned about Nissans link with Mercedes.

Never thought I'd see a Mercedes C class with a Nissan engine

Chevrolet and Nissan link? - maximus

Whats wrong with (real) Nissan engines. The 2.0 ltr petrol in my old primera was superb. Powerful quiet and above all reliable. Same could be said for 1.6 in almera-perhaps not powerful!

Must be the 2.0 twincam you're referring to? Cracking engine

NIssan engines are not solely Nissans anymore as they use Renault parts, hence the whole issue with their timing chains.

Mazda had a similar issue when they started uusing Ford parts.

I just dont understand why the mechanical quality and reliablity of the Japs exceeds the Europeans, yet they often cost less.

Edited by balleballe on 14/07/2013 at 22:18

Chevrolet and Nissan link? - unthrottled

Mercedes A class uses the Renault 1.5 Dci engine. Given that MB have been in the passenger car diesel business longer than anyone else (since 1936) should say something about the quality of Renault diesel engines.

Anyone remember Mazda DPF regen issues??

Let's not resort to clicheed old tropes about manufacturer hierarchy, eh?

NIssan engines are not solely Nissans anymore as they use Renault parts, hence the whole issue with their timing chains.

Timing chains are best mated to on cam-in-block engine configurations, and, (in spite of what HJ says) should be consigned to history for OHC configurations.

I'm not an engineer, but I imagine that making a trouble free DPF system, on your first attempt, with an engine thats not even yours would be a hard task.

Can I ask why you have that opinion with regards to timing chains and OHC configurations?

Chevrolet and Nissan link? - TeeCee

Timing chains are best mated to on cam-in-block engine configurations, and, (in spite of what HJ says) should be consigned to history for OHC configurations.

I would agree, on one condition.

Any manufacturer who produces a belt system where it is necessary to remove engine mounts / alternator / whatever to change the belt, or drives the waterpump off the cam belt, or where the cam pulleys are easily misaligned, has their products using that engine banned from sale.

Chevrolet and Nissan link? - maximus

Yes it was the 2.0 twin cam, I remember it fondly, also the Primera it was in, it handled like a racing car (to me) used to make 04:30 drive to work a pleasure-almost.