Alfa Romeo Guiletta 2.0L Diesel - Alfa Oil change Questions - Durelli_tyres

Hi, Alfa seem to do Oil Changes and services as separate items. Do Alfa services always include an oil change ? In the service book there is a separate Service and Oil Change section. If the car had its oil changed as part of a service should both sections be stamped? Or is the oil change section only for oil changes between services? The service interval is 21,000 miles. Apparently Oil changes are when a warning light comes on. Should an oil change be done annually? If so does anything need to be done to the warning light to tell the system the oil has been changed ? Thanks for any help. Durelli (new Alfa owner)

Edited by Avant on 06/07/2013 at 12:24

Alfa Romeo Guiletta 2.0L Diesal - Alfa Oil change Questions - oldtoffee

Looks like it is optional and only needs doing under certain conditions.

Here's a qualified independents view of it

www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/alfa_mito_giulietta_servici...l

Alfa Romeo Guiletta 2.0L Diesal - Alfa Oil change Questions - daveyK_UK

How is the car?

Been reliable so far?

How is the engine?

Alfa Romeo Guiletta 2.0L Diesal - Alfa Oil change Questions - gordonbennet

If i wanted the car to last and be as trouble free as possible i would do an annual oil change whatever the mileage.

My opinion only but when the time comes to sell a knowledgeable private buyer, when looking at a compelling care history on a sale listing, will be tempted far more than the bare minimum many cars see.

Alfa Romeo Guiletta 2.0L Diesal - Alfa Oil change Questions - Armitage Shanks {p}

Also, all of the dated, itemised invoices for the work carried out are worth a great deal extra, over and above stamps in a book. The books can be bought blank and stamped up by anybody with the will to do so.

Alfa Romeo Guiletta 2.0L Diesal - Alfa Oil change Questions - Durelli_tyres

Car is good. Very new to me but completly reliable so far. Few squeks and rattles that its going back to dealer for (car is 2nd hand) including a squeaky seat which I'm not sure they will be able to do anything with.

Engine is great, lots of performance from it.

Not many storage cubby holes inside, odd shaped glovebox etc. door pockets could have been slightly bigger to accomadate a bottle etc.

Seems the move from Left hand drive to right was only partially done, in that the handbrake is next to the passenger seat not the drivers, and the bank of switches in the middle, the closest is the unused switch and the furthest away (nearest the LHD driver) is the fog light switches, front and rear.

Thanks for the help.

D

Alfa Romeo Guiletta 2.0L Diesal - Alfa Oil change Questions - daveyK_UK

It is now widely held that the Fiat group build quality has improved vastly.

Its still behind the German and Japanese/Korean brands, but its come on alot.

I know a few people who own fiat 500s, fiat qubos and fiat doblos and the experiences are all good.

Car has been back to dealer for some initial concerns.

Dealer considers the oil change section of the service manual is only for stand alone oil changes and not for oil changes done as part of a service. Also stated that all services include an oil change. Also recommended that an oil change happens every year regardless oif mileage, even though the car he's selling haven't done this.

Also had an issue with trim under the steering column and on the dash. Panel under the sterring column is only connected on one side and hangs down on the other side. There is a gap between the top and bottom halfs of the dashboard next to the steering column. Compared to another Guiletta of the same age in the showroom and issues are there also.

So I see what you mean when you say Fiat build quality is not upto the levels of others.

D

Straw Poll of local Alfa Dealers suggests that nobody knows whats happening here.

Some dealers always do an oil change, others just check and do it (at extra charge) if needed..

Some say the oil change section is just for standalone oil changes and wouldn't be stamped if done as part of a service. Others say its stamped whenever the oil is changed, so if its done as part of a service, you get both sections stamped.

I've heard it said Alfas are more a work of art than a science, and I'm beginning to see the point!

D