Volkswagen CC MK2 - Faults on suspension VW CC GT 2012 - Spikeyman

Has anyone else suffered with the knocking noises on the back of the CC?

My 9 month old CC has been to the dealer twice now with a knocking noise from the rear, they now tell me it cannot be fixed and I have to put up with it,.

VW technical people have spoken to the dealer and said there is nothing they can suggest to cure it and I will just have to put up with it.

I don't feel safe in the vehicle as its getting gradually worse and I don't want my children to be in the vehicle if something is going to happen to it that might endanger their lives.

This is my second CC, the first one had the same noise and was cured by the dealer after 1o days of investigations I kept that for 3 years then I decided to go for the mark 2 but now I regret that decision very much.

I will never ever buy a Volkswagen again if this is how they treat problems,others need to be warned about the fault which my dealer tells me is on the two CC models he is trying sell on his forecourt, he took them for a test drive to compare with mine, thats very worrying thought.

If anyone can shed any light or point me in the right direction to try and resolve this I would be most grateful.

Volkswagen CC MK2 - Faults on suspension VW CC GT 2012 - bathtub tom

>>This is my second CC, the first one had the same noise and was cured by the dealer

What does the dealer say the cure was for the first car and why can't they implement it for this one?

Volkswagen CC MK2 - Faults on suspension VW CC GT 2012 - Spikeyman

It was the caliper holders I am told, they changed the ones on the second vehicle as there was wear in them, after 9 months seems a bit omnious they are wearing. They have changed the shock absorbers which seemed to fix it for a while but its come back. Now VW technical are saying the noise is the design of the vehicle, at £30k I dont think anyone would accept a vehicle that rumbles at the rear going over slight bumps in the road.

The dealer is usually very good, I have known them for 5 years the same staff and they normally look after me but they are baffled and cannot do anything else with VW support who dont seem to want to help.