n/a - Can't read this topic - help! - focussed

I am trying to read oldroverboy's topic titled I LIKE THIS!!!!!! - Win in Small claims court

but the formatting is crazy and the post extends right across the page making parts of it unreadable - is it just me? Or is it something I've done or not done?

n/a - Can't read this topic - help! - nortones2

It's still doing it: tried Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome.

n/a - Can't read this topic - help! - John Boy

Someone in Thailand has applied to have him extradited for hacking the system.

n/a - Can't read this topic - help! - Duncan112

Copying and pasting gives this:

Reader BC of Warwick has won a small claims action against a Coventry trader over a £3,000 Ford Focus estate car bought from an advertisement on Autotrader

The story of how he achieved this may encourage other readers to take action where they feel they have been cheated.

BC bought the used Ford Focus advertised on Autotrader for £3,000 from trader Gary Thorn of G.T. Sales. 5 Farber road, Walsgrave, Coventry

Ater 3 weeks it broke down. The trader took 10 days to return the and it broke down again on BS journey home.

15 days later BC got the Focus back again and it broke down for a 3rd time 3 days later.

After the 3rd failure, BC requested a refund. This was refused. So BS went to the Citizen's Advice Bureau and Trading Standards for advice advice.

He arranged a compromise for the car to be fixed at a 3rd party garage (VRS Coventry). However, only remedial work was done to replace the timing belt of the and 2 days later the same engine system fault occurred and the vehicle broke down for a 4th time.

BC took the car back to the trader and requested a refund.

He said he needed to check it out first before he could give BC the money back. Whilst BC was on Holiday the trader took the car without authorization from BC back to VRS and requested that a diagnostics was carried out. BC discovered this when he received a call while on holiday say his car was ready to be picked up.

When the garage called Gary Thorn for him to come and collect the car he refused to pay, so VRS was forced to excercise the right of lien and hold the car until payment was received. BC was therefore left with no car and no refund.

BC received judgement from the Northampton County Court and issued a warrant on 6th June 2013 in order to execute this judgement to hopefully get his money back (Total payable: £3,504.50.)

The car was originally sold to him described as in " condition and the trader failed to disclose that it had been sold to him for scrap 1 month earlier.

After receiving the court notification the trader tried to force BC to pay the £700 of storage charges it had accrued while on VRS premises.

How to make a claim using the small claims track of the county court:

www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview ;

HTH

n/a - Can't read this topic - help! - Avant

Thanks very much for that. There must have been some problem with copying and pasting in the original, the reason for which I'm not nerdy enough to comprehend!

n/a - Can't read this topic - help! - oldroverboy.

Grovel Grovel!!!! tried to edit immediately but would not let me.

sorry avant, but do like Hj putting it in his news, and well done to the buyer who took on the car seller.

Perhaps a moderator can delete the post completely?

ORB

PS the only hacking i know how to do is on a horse, preferably an old tired sleepy one nowadays..

n/a - Can't read this topic - help! - Avant

No need to grovel ORB - you're not stupid but software all too often is. I'll delete the thread so don't be surprised to get one of those E-mails!

n/a - Can't read this topic - help! - oldroverboy.

No need to grovel ORB - you're not stupid but software all too often is. I'll delete the thread so don't be surprised to get one of those E-mails!

Yes Got one of THOSE e-mails,, but thanks for deleting and not confusing anyone, by the way, was it me, the chinese, or americans, or just plain old gchq?

n/a - Can't read this topic - help! - FP

I had the problem as well - using Vista and Opera. Not just you.