Jaguar X type 2.2d Automatic - Turbo Charger Actuator - ukdf

While driving on motorway Engine warning light (glow plug amber) and Gearbox fault came on. Stopped and checked nothing untoward so conitnued. After a few miles came on again. I was receovered to home. Took it to Jaguar who gave fault code P132B and quoted £1500 for new turbo, actuator and waste gate. I had the turbo charger actuator reconditioned for £240 and all was okay until after about 150 miles (not continuous) of driving the faults came back. The company who reconditioned the actuator took it back free of charge and identified the output motor was not correct and changed it. Again all was well until after about another 100 or so miles the faults reappeared. When faults come up car goes into "Limp mode". Turn off ignition and wait a minute or so and the fault disappears only to return again at some random driving condition.

Jaguar X type 2.2d Automatic - Turbo Charger Actuator - dieselnut

This will have a variable vane turbo, the vanes can start to stick when carbon from the exhaust gets into the mechanism. The variable vane mechanism is driven by the actuator that flagged up the fault. If the mech is sticking, the actuator won't be able to move the vanes to the desired position so flag up the fault. Suspect that may be your problem, the turbo will need removing & the variable vane mech cleaned out ensuring it moves freely.

Jaguar X type 2.2d Automatic - Turbo Charger Actuator - Collos25

The reason the actuator stops working is it bakes itself very bad design its true these can only be bought as one unit with the turbo it is imperative these units are mached together.You can often find secondhand units on Ebay but beware,new units can be purchased from a good turbo supplier at around 700ukps it is also important that the inlet manifold is cleaned thoroughly and the EGR is replaced any short cuts will result in doing the job again in a very short time.

Jaguar X type 2.2d Automatic - Turbo Charger Actuator - salfie

I have had the same intermittent "Gearbox fault" messages for the last 12 months (4 in total) on my 2009 2.2 diesel auto X-Type. These have been identified as being caused by turbo faults. I have been told that the addition of, say Redex diesel engine conditioner and running at high revs may "blow" the problem away. This may be difficult because of it being an auto gearbox.

It's worth a try versus £1,600 for a new turbo. Any comments regarding this approach would be appreciated.

I am also considering using premium diesel, e.g. Shell VPower - to avoid future similar issues. Again, any comments on this would be appreciated.

Jaguar X type 2.2d Automatic - Turbo Charger Actuator - dieselnut

Redex is very unlikely to have any effect. Just the same with V Power.

You need to get the fault codes read then go from there.

" turbo faults " is too vague if that was a diagnosis.

It could be overboost or underboost or something else completely causing the turbo problems.