Mazda 6 diesel SPM CD 120TE, check engine light blinks - codes P0304 & P0342 - brazilac

I'm the owner of Mazda 6 diesel SPM CD 120TE, 89kW, 10 years old, 170k km.

Last week yellow check engine light started to blink for few seconds and the engine behaved strange i.e. I couldn't accelerate the car for these few seconds. Then I turne doff the car and after 1 minute I started the car again and without any problems I drove the car few miles. But day after, again yellow check engine light started to blink for few seconds and the engine behaved strange i.e. I couldn't accelerate the car for these few seconds.

Then I gave myMAZDA 6 on computer testing which shown these 2 problematic codes : P0304-FF-PCM(Cylinder No.4 misfire detection) and P0342-FF-PCM (CMP sensor circuit low input).

Can anyone help asap with the clear explanation what is most likely the reason for these problems and codes and what is the recommendation to do to repair the car cheaply?

FYI, below is the explanation of these 2 problematic codes : P0304-FF-PCM (Cylinder No.4 misfire detection) and P0342-FF-PCM (CMP sensor circuit low input).

Thank you verymuch

//Miro

DTC P0304 Cylinder No.4 misfire detection

DETECTION CONDITION

The PCM monitors the CKP sensor input signal interval time. The PCM calculates the deviation of the interval time for each cylinder. If the deviation of the interval time exceeds the preprogrammed criteria, the PCM detects a misfire in the corresponding cylinder. While the engine is running, the PCM counts the numberof misfires and calculates misfire ratio for each crankshaft revolution. If the ratio exceeds the preprogrammed criteria, the PCM determines that a misfire,which can affect emission performance, has occurred.

Diagnosticsupport note

• The MIL illuminates if the PCM detects the above malfunction condition in the first drive cycle.

• FREEZE FRAMEDATA is available.

• The DTC isstored in the PCM memory.

POSSIBLE CAUSE

• Fuel injector malfunction

• CKP sensor malfunction

• CMP sensor malfunction

• Inadequateengine compression due to engine internal malfunction

• Related connector or terminal malfunction

• Related wiringharness malfunction

DTC P0342 CMP sensor circuit low input

DETECTION CONDITION

The PCM monitors the input signal from the CMP sensor and the CKP sensor while the engine is running. If the input signal from the CMP sensor is not input while the PCM detects 255 pulses from the CKP sensor, the PCM determines that there is a malfunctionin the CMP sensor circuit.

Diagnosticsupport note

• The MIL illuminates if the PCM detects the above malfunction condition in the first drive cycle.

• FREEZE FRAMEDATA is available.

• The DTC isstored in the PCM memory.

POSSIBLE CAUSE

• CMP sensor malfunction

• Connector orterminal malfunction

• Short to GND inwiring harness between CMP sensor terminal A and PCM terminal 81

• Short to GND inwiring harness between CMP sensor terminal B and PCM terminal 55

• Open circuit inwiring harness between CMP sensor terminal A and PCM terminal 81

• Open circuit inwiring harness between CMP sensor terminal B and PCM terminal 55

• Improper CMP sensor air gap

• CMP sensor pulsar malfunction

• PCM malfunction

Edited by brazilac on 28/06/2013 at 15:34

Mazda 6 diesel SPM CD 120TE, check engine light blinks - codes P0304 & P0342 - brazilac

Anybody...?

It seems 2 Denso injectors are problematic... since they failed on injector's tests so I need to swap them with 2 new Denso injectors RF5C 13 H50 095000 7850

Mazda 6 diesel SPM CD 120TE, check engine light blinks - codes P0304 & P0342 - scotchman

before you replace them remove the injector rail with the injectors in it , then strip down the rail and refurb the injectors first remove the rubber gromets and go to your local hrdware store to see if they have any that size and thickness then clean the injectors with petrol and a toothbrush and a needle and also use a womans emery board to clean the wire connectors then once that is all done put the new rubber gromets on then rebuild the injector rail and refit to the car and turn over , the engine light might come back on but this time it should be on costant which is a good thing , it just means you have to get a diagnostic machine plugged into your car to swith the light off , hope this helps .