Vauxhall Cascada - Depreciation/Residuals - Armitage Shanks {p}

I Ike the look of this new Vauhall.although it seems expensive. I have seen a roadtest in this week's Auto Express which discusses the car and one of the downsides is given as "Poor Residuals" - as the car isn't on the road yet (SFAIK) how can a valid opinion be offered on residual/trade in values?

Vauxhall Cascada - Depreciation/Residuals - daveyjp
Because its a Vauxhall and within 6 months of it being launched you will pick them up at 25% below list, so depreciation on list is horrendous, depreciation on what you actually pay could be far better.

Edited by daveyjp on 12/06/2013 at 17:36

Vauxhall Cascada - Depreciation/Residuals - RT

Residual value for any new car is only ever a prediction - and the used car trade may give more or less than that at trade-in time.

The residual value for some types like convertibles and SUVs vary significantly between winter and summer

Vauxhall Cascada - Depreciation/Residuals - Engineer Andy

I suppose it depends upon whether you want to keep it for 3, 5 or 7+ years. Given that most Vauxhalls depreciate heavily, then this might not be a good buy if you want to keep it for a short time, especially if money is tight. If it turns out to be reasonably relaible and not expensive to run, and you want to keep it for a long time as well as like the car generally, then depreciation is of much less importance - its value for money regarding the ownership experience that would surely matter more.

I suspect, like many "UK makes", it is overpriced, and you may be able to get some good deals nearer the end of the year when sales are low due to the weather and money being spent on Christmas cheer. I never understand why so many such makes put such rediculous list prices (IMO) on their cars, and then perfectly accept discounts of 25% and STILL make a reasonable profit. All that does is drive potential customers away to makes with more competitive pricing structures, especially when used for business where the list prices determine the level of tax paid.

I'm sure many Brits don't like having to haggle a lot as well - probablt why far eastern makes are liked by older buyers and people like me who'd rather be doing something else than arguing with a car salesman over prices.

Vauxhall Cascada - Depreciation/Residuals - Falkirk Bairn

Drive the deal 28th May

Vauxhall Cascada 1.4T Elite 2dr £22,130 Saving £3,907

Almost £4K off and I have not seen one on the road