mercedes B160 sport - servicing warranty - osman

Is my 3 year warranty, purchased new fro an Mercedes francise garage, valid if I have it serviced using Merc parts from a non francised garage...much more cheaply!!

mercedes B160 sport - servicing warranty - thunderbird

If its a new car yes but some used car warranties have different T & C's.

But even with a new car warranty you MUST ensure that the work is carried out exactly as per MB's schedule and you must also keep receipts to prove it. A stamp is the service book means nothing, you can buy them on e-bay.

Also ensure that the correct grade oil is used.

In my experience there is very little saving to be made especially when your local independant cannot check if there are any upgrades available and that means a trip to the MB dealer.

mercedes B160 sport - servicing warranty - Collos25

If its a new car yes but some used car warranties have different T & C's.

But even with a new car warranty you MUST ensure that the work is carried out exactly as per MB's schedule and you must also keep receipts to prove it. A stamp is the service book means nothing, you can buy them on e-bay.

Also ensure that the correct grade oil is used.

In my experience there is very little saving to be made especially when your local independant cannot check if there are any upgrades available and that means a trip to the MB dealer.

I would agree with most of the answer except the part about the software updates these are aquired by most inderpendant agents.

mercedes B160 sport - servicing warranty - Simon
You have just bought a new Merc complete with a three year warranty and now you want to save a few quid by skimping on dealer servicing???

I think that during those first three years a dealer service/stamp is worth it just because any warranty faults are so much easier to deal with, there are no if, buts and maybes with regard to whether it has been maintained to manufacturer spec.

Even if it is only serviced once a year, you only need to have a dealer service at the end of years one and two, then that should see you right through the three year warranty period.
mercedes B160 sport - servicing warranty - daveyjp
My B class is almost 3 years old. It has developed its first fault requiring a warranty claim. Both services have been done at MB dealers. Called in, all records on their system, car due in next week..

My advice is get a price for the service and haggle with the main dealers, they will reduce their initial quotation.