classic cars - seatbelts - andyammer

ive got a cortina mk2 1969 and its been restored is there anybody that can tell me if i need to have seatbelts fitted

classic cars - seatbelts - geordielad

Private cars from January 1st 1965 require 3 point belts on the outer front seats. I mention outer seats as back in those days many cars had a bench seat in the front, which would seat 3.

Jonathan.

classic cars - seatbelts - alastairq

you mean, like the FIAT multiplas? :)

Fitment of seat belt is , IMHO, a necessary evil, now that we have several generations who would not go out in a car without one.

The difficulty lies in being able to securely attach the fittings.

[I'm thinking of those cars made pre-seatbelt mounting legislation?]

[oh, and SAAB s 90-95-96, bless them?}

A Ford Pop [103E] and its kin actually have precious little heavy-duty metal where it matters. [I have done it, but it involves a bit of thought]..

IMHO, aside from working up seatbelt fittigs, I would also work up a U/J somewhere in the steering column.

Having once owned a [pre-WW2] Morgan, that had a steering coloumn like a 6 foot long assegai, aimed straight at my chest, I would sacrifice originality for practicality in today's traffic.

Were people less bulky 60 years ago?

classic cars - seatbelts - Collos25

Some Mk1 and Mk2 Cortinas had a bench front seat with column change even some with floor change had a cut out in the bench seat..